Need help on how to do this

bbsnypur
Org Profile

Need help on how to do this

Post by bbsnypur » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:55 am

This is an effect I randomly see and really like it, but i've never been able to figure out how it's done. It can be seen in the following video from about 1:36 to around 1:48. Its the colors outlining the characters. Any help what be much appreciated, this has been bugging me for a while. Also the clip has spoilers from Attack on Titan, so you do not have to help if you don't want to be spoiled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvCaPKjgea8

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Re: Need help on how to do this

Post by Shui » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:54 am

Search for RGB Split Tutorials for your preferred video editing software.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

bbsnypur
Org Profile

Post by bbsnypur » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:42 pm

Thank you! My journey has come to an end!

CeliaPhantomhive
Org Profile

Post by CeliaPhantomhive » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:13 am

I used RBG Shift from the New Blue Light Effects pack in that video for that specific part. xD
:up: :up: :up:
:shark:

bbsnypur
Org Profile

Post by bbsnypur » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:57 pm

Its you! I love that video with a passion, have watched it a disgusting amount of times. I am now learning the wonders of RGB.

CeliaPhantomhive
Org Profile

Post by CeliaPhantomhive » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:16 pm

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. ;u; I'm not very experienced with action editing so this post surprised me. xD

Haha yeah, I've never used that effect in Vegas before this video. But man it's so much easier than Twitch if you just want a simple RBG split. QAQ
:shark:

bbsnypur
Org Profile

Post by bbsnypur » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Its one of my favorite Attack on Titan amvs and it surprises me that you say your not experienced with action editing. When I first saw the effect I loved it and spent a lot of time wondering how to do it, so thanks a lot for the response and keep up the good work on your videos!

Return to “Effects & Techniques”