Higurashi Tsuisou no Despair AMV

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Higurashi Tsuisou no Despair AMV

Postby OminousFlare » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:24 am

Hi. I'm a new vlogger who do a bit of video editing here and there. I have an upcoming review coming up on Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and I wanted to do a segment where I edit together scenes from the series with the opening theme of Higurashi's DS game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbyJyUf5lgo

Someone actually managed to put together their own Madoka OP, putting Madoka characters/scenes in a similar sequence as the above video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rqQdqsJMB4

If anyone could help me, I'd like to learn how to create this sequence of effects using the scenes/characters from Higurashi. What technique is used or is appropriate to use in creating the effects? Photoshop? Premiere Pro? Do I need external visual effects plug-ins? What I want to achieve in the end is a custom Higurashi OP exactly like the first video, but with scenes from the anime instead of the DS game.

Here are my specs:
Video Editing Program I'm Using: Final Cut Pro X/Motion 5/Audition CS6/Soundtrack Pro
OS/Computer I'm Using: Late 2012 iMac, OS X Ver. 10.8.4
Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1024 MB

My experience with video editing: Minimum. I only know the basics, such as cutting and editing, along with applying effects provided by Final Cut Pro's template. Hence why I made this post, to hope that I could learn more from you guys in order to create a video that's as close to something like the Madoka fanmade OP as possible.

I have a budget schedule of two months, maximum, to create this OP. Hope you could help. Thanks.
OminousFlare

Return to Visual Effects