Eyed open transition.

tonyb268
Org Profile

Eyed open transition.

Post by tonyb268 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:36 am

Well, i can't really find a good name for this fx/transition just can't.
So i saw this efx in an anime (SAO and Suzumiya haruhi no shoushitsu) and tons of amvs and it basicly consists in a chara openning his eyes and its like were openning ours aswell to be more specific its like were playing a 1st person game. You see the pupils openning and the vision's a bit blurry or whatsoever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKXDYDW7Bvw
at 0:35 we have an example of what i'm looking of more or less. Although i want something more professional. l: If someone knows how to help me with this issue and or wants to do a tutorial i would be very grateful for it. I work with After effects and Sony vegas so solutions for both programs are acceptable.

tipsd9video
Org Profile

Re: Eyed open transition.

Post by tipsd9video » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:11 pm

I would just animate a mask and mess with some blurs until it looks right. This should be pretty easy to do in both Vegas and After Effects.
youtube accounts:
tipsd9video for animations and AMVs
animefxnstuff for live action videos

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:24 am

In After Effects you could simply create a new black solid and mask out a preset oval with lots of feathering and animate that. Mike is also here on the org so you can ask him how he made the effect in that video.

MillenaryWish
Org Profile

Post by MillenaryWish » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:02 pm

If you want you can add me on Skype and I'll be glad to teach you via screen share :)

Return to “Effects & Techniques”