Bugging me for a while so here it is

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Bugging me for a while so here it is

Postby AlexxAMV » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:55 am

Hi guys...this has been on my mind since long ago..and never quite got the hang of it on my own..so eventually....this topic appeared.
What i am courious is if someone could explain,or more amazing would be show an example on how to make that *camera-movement-transitioning* thats done a few times in the beggining of the following clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRf59W4 ... e=youtu.be
Had a lot of theories myself about how to make it but i never got a decent result with my own ideeas.
Thank you in advance
-Alex-
User avatar
AlexxAMV
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Location: Romania

Re: Bugging me for a while so here it is

Postby Eake4 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:25 am

get a camera and Null object and experiment, that's what the author did.
Image
User avatar
Eake4
Australian Zeus
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Status: Doing something useless again

Re: Bugging me for a while so here it is

Postby Kimberly » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:37 am

Camera with zooming! Madara's also on the org, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you sent him a PM asking.
ImageImage
User avatar
Kimberly
Kardashian
 
Joined: 18 Sep 2004

Re: Bugging me for a while so here it is

Postby AlexxAMV » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:14 am

Kimberly wrote:Camera with zooming! Madara's also on the org, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you sent him a PM asking.

Well the movement yea that is quite intuitive...the fading is actually what bugged me..shall try asking him about as well..thank you for the reply
-Alex-
User avatar
AlexxAMV
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Location: Romania

Re: Bugging me for a while so here it is

Postby Enigmo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:22 pm

To be honest, I'd probably avoid that kind of stuff. I personally just find it to be too forceful of a transition.But that's just how I look at it, I usually don't do any sort of panning transitions within video sources nowadays. And, you can do this easily on Vegas and AE. With Vegas, crossfade the two clips and have matching panning at the end of the first clip and the beginning of the second clip. And on AE, you basically do the same thing, have a crossfade between the two layers, and then have a camera layer, and during the frames where the clips fade, add a direction of camera movement.
Image Image Image
User avatar
Enigmo
 
Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom

Re: Bugging me for a while so here it is

Postby AlexxAMV » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:32 am

EnIgMoZz2 wrote:To be honest, I'd probably avoid that kind of stuff. I personally just find it to be too forceful of a transition.But that's just how I look at it, I usually don't do any sort of panning transitions within video sources nowadays. And, you can do this easily on Vegas and AE. With Vegas, crossfade the two clips and have matching panning at the end of the first clip and the beginning of the second clip. And on AE, you basically do the same thing, have a crossfade between the two layers, and then have a camera layer, and during the frames where the clips fade, add a direction of camera movement.

oh thanks..well.....it is one of those things that just get in your head and u cant get out(my case)...dont know if i will ever use it....yet i did find that kind of transitioning attractive in a few cases...even if indeed is *forcefull*..thanks for the reply
-Alex-
User avatar
AlexxAMV
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2012
Location: Romania

Re: Bugging me for a while so here it is

Postby Gorz » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:28 am

Enigmo wrote:I personally just find it to be too forceful of a transition.

This^

+if I might add there's a better one https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... bKPA#t=33s

just pay attention when you zoom in and out, works better when both spots are "kinda" alike...and preferably a bit darker...I personally think without cross/fades looks way more classy...but that's just my opinion...have fun
User avatar
Gorz
Gorzilla
 
Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Status: I love humans!

Re: Bugging me for a while so here it is

Postby Enigmo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Gorz wrote:+if I might add there's a better one https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... bKPA#t=33s

just pay attention when you zoom in and out, works better when both spots are "kinda" alike...and preferably a bit darker...I personally think without cross/fades looks way more classy...but that's just my opinion...have fun

Yes I agree, without a corssfade means it won't look good unless the two scenes naturally fit will with each other and that's better than as I said before, a 'forceful transition'.
Image Image Image
User avatar
Enigmo
 
Joined: 29 Oct 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom


Return to Visual Effects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests