0:18-0:20
1:04-1:06
I guess it wasn't made in vegas? Looks too smooth

Thanks in advance^^

slimed
Org Profile

Re: Transition + zoom with blur in vegas or ae

Post by slimed » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:14 pm

i don't have any knowledge of ae so i can't really speak for that, but i'll address the way i would do each of these personally in vegas.

transition: if that editor used vegas, they most likely masked out each of the colors into those triangular shapes and layered them all on top of each other, then used pan&crop to move them across simultaneously, and changed the clip underneath all of the masked layers to provide the "transition" effect, and added blur for smoothness. this might prove to be tedious, and i imagine that it'd be a lot easier with ae.

zoom: :18-:20 could definitely be done in vegas, it looks like a simple pan-out to me - it might look more smooth because there are subtle shakes before and afterwards so the movement isn't abruptly cut off, subtle gaussian blur might've been added. it's actually a transition from one clip (of the foot) to the second clip of the character (zooming out from the foot). 1:04-1:06 is the same thing, it starts off with one clip that's naturally zoomed in on the scene, and the second clip starts off zoomed in to where it's at the same "distance" (to the characters) as the first clip, and pans out to full view.

i don't know if that helps and i'm not really good at explaining things, i'm especially not sure if my second explanation makes any sense.

Izanyan90
Org Profile

Re: Transition + zoom with blur in vegas or ae

Post by Izanyan90 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:31 pm

slimed wrote:i don't have any knowledge of ae so i can't really speak for that, but i'll address the way i would do each of these personally in vegas.

transition: if that editor used vegas, they most likely masked out each of the colors into those triangular shapes and layered them all on top of each other, then used pan&crop to move them across simultaneously, and changed the clip underneath all of the masked layers to provide the "transition" effect, and added blur for smoothness. this might prove to be tedious, and i imagine that it'd be a lot easier with ae.

zoom: :18-:20 could definitely be done in vegas, it looks like a simple pan-out to me - it might look more smooth because there are subtle shakes before and afterwards so the movement isn't abruptly cut off, subtle gaussian blur might've been added. it's actually a transition from one clip (of the foot) to the second clip of the character (zooming out from the foot). 1:04-1:06 is the same thing, it starts off with one clip that's naturally zoomed in on the scene, and the second clip starts off zoomed in to where it's at the same "distance" (to the characters) as the first clip, and pans out to full view.

i don't know if that helps and i'm not really good at explaining things, i'm especially not sure if my second explanation makes any sense.
TY! ;) I will try that.

One more question:
http://youtu.be/Lql821lELqM
how do I archive that look? (coloring+dark viddie)

Return to “Effects & Techniques”