Text Wiggling

iapple
Org Profile

Text Wiggling

Post by iapple » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Hello everyone,
I have a question about text wiggling in Adobe After Effects. How take make each letter wiggle on it's own and then come back to its original place? Is there any way I can do it without applying wiggle to separate letters?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day! :)

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Re: Text Wiggling

Post by Mister Hatt » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:17 am

I don't know much about stock AE ways of doing this but pichu or shinjipierre's karaoke scripts should make it relatively simple.

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:31 am

Hi iapple,

I'll do a video recording for you tomorrow going over your question. If I have time I'll pipe in some slider controls to give you some more hands on control if needed.

Hatt, if your answer doesn't pertain to the software requested and isn't in anyway a better alternative. Then please consider that it might not be worth sharing.

iapple
Org Profile

Post by iapple » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:40 am

Niotex wrote:Hi iapple,

I'll do a video recording for you tomorrow going over your question. If I have time I'll pipe in some slider controls to give you some more hands on control if needed.

Hatt, if your answer doesn't pertain to the software requested and isn't in anyway a better alternative. Then please consider that it might not be worth sharing.
Thanks Niotex, just post the link here if you can. :)

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:37 am

Niotex wrote:Hatt, if your answer doesn't pertain to the software requested and isn't in anyway a better alternative. Then please consider that it might not be worth sharing.
They're After Effects scripts primarily made for karaoke but featuring general text effects as well. I know they certainly do wriggles, so seemed a good option to me.

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:50 pm

I had to do more than one take because AE crashed on my initial one. Yay for quicktime etc. So my apologies for being a little less than enthusiastic on the eventual take :awesome:

The actual tut/guide can be found here: http://youtu.be/2ljvnShzub0?hd=1 If you have any further questions regarding this or you insist on setting it up via expressions I'll be sure to get back to you. For now though I hope this helps and gets you on your way.

iapple
Org Profile

Post by iapple » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:51 am

Thanks, it really helped. :D

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:51 am

You're welcome, if you have any further questions just shoot an additional reply to the topic and I'll be sure to get back to you.

Return to “Effects & Techniques”