Motion blend transition?

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Motion blend transition?

Post by irriadin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:00 pm

I've seen this type of transition used a lot, and I can't quite approximate it using the default Vegas plugins. How exactly does one do an effect like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vIhn7NVpmo&t=01m30s - (happens at about 1:33, with the clip rolling downwards)

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Re: Motion blend transition?

Post by Niotex » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:44 pm

While I don't personally use vegas that would be a combination of "Pan and scan" [moving one image above the screen and another into the screen from the bottom] and directional blur set at a vertical angle to fake motion-blur.

I obviously can't record this for you since I don't have vegas installed but I hope my explanation will suffice. If this is not the case then I'm sure one of the vegas orientated people would be glad to step in.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:22 pm

Niotex wrote:While I don't personally use vegas that would be a combination of "Pan and scan" [moving one image above the screen and another into the screen from the bottom] and directional blur set at a vertical angle to fake motion-blur.

I obviously can't record this for you since I don't have vegas installed but I hope my explanation will suffice. If this is not the case then I'm sure one of the vegas orientated people would be glad to step in.
Thanks, I'm going to take a crack at it tonight.

Vanity
Org Profile

Post by Vanity » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:05 pm

I can vouch on Niotex, im a vegas user and thats gonna b pan n blur combination.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Thanks guys, this worked perfectly. Using Linear Blur did the trick, I kept trying Gaussian and Radial before :roll:

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:12 pm

:up:

Eake4
Australian Zeus
Org Profile

Post by Eake4 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:11 am

While pan, blur and other techniques work really well theres actually a plugin from NewBlue FX which does the job easier with inbuilt blur from the effect itself. Its called the NewBlue Roll transition which I would not recommend if the other techniques work well as the pack this transition comes in is quite pricey

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:09 am

-Eake4- wrote:While pan, blur and other techniques work really well theres actually a plugin from NewBlue FX which does the job easier with inbuilt blur from the effect itself. Its called the NewBlue Roll transition which I would not recommend if the other techniques work well as the pack this transition comes in is quite pricey
Yea, I was trying to avoid having to buy that plugin pack. The solution I came up with doesn't look *quite* as nice and definitely takes a lot longer to do.

Return to “Effects & Techniques”