Martrix Effect & MMVs

sholin360
Org Profile

Martrix Effect & MMVs

Post by sholin360 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:11 am

I was wondering how do you make the "Matrix Effect" in either Sony Vegas or Adobe After Effects... :oops:
Also I've seen some MMVs and seen some people do it in school (really bad version of a mmv) that is not a mmv but the same concept like moving pictures, zooming in and out etc. And I know you can do that in Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas but I seriously doubt they use that, and I'm wondering if you could do that in simple-er programs like Windows Movie Maker. :shock:

Brad
Org Profile

Re: Martrix Effect & MMVs

Post by Brad » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:29 am

Can you be more specific about a "matrix effect"? Do you mean the flowing green characters or do you mean the bullet-time 3D rotation thing (as Neo's getting shot at)?

And as far as MMV's go (I assume you mean Manga Music Video), I'm sure that things like Windows Movie Maker can do simple things like zooming in and moving a picture around (I'm speculating. I've never actually used it), but if you want to get real control over your motion and do some really fluid and dynamic animation, then After Effects is probably the way to go. You just have to think about it more like you're animating something yourself rather than cutting together clips on a timeline (though technically it can be used for that as well).
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

SuijinReflx
Org Profile

Post by SuijinReflx » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:33 am

As brad said, please be more specific on what you mean by the "Matrix effect". Im sure however windows movie maker has nothing of the sort and the method of creating such scene would usually be generated from After Effects or if your lucky be on the original source.
Mizu

sholin360
Org Profile

Post by sholin360 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Well here is a example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajJAyvpiQak
The words/numbers that keep appearing. :oops:

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:26 pm

I wouldn't really call that a "matrix effect" but it's basically just a matter of keyframing the opacity and position of a layer of text (in your example anyway)
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

SuijinReflx
Org Profile

Post by SuijinReflx » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Its not even an effect, its just base editing with opacity as brad said.
Mizu

sholin360
Org Profile

Post by sholin360 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:59 am

Then is there a guide to it? I asked a person that did the exact same thing and he said it was called Matrix Effect...

SuijinReflx
Org Profile

Post by SuijinReflx » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:42 am

sholin360 wrote:Then is there a guide to it? I asked a person that did the exact same thing and he said it was called Matrix Effect...
I may have missed out on seeing the actual matrix effect but if someone did the exact same then i think you mean Matrix Data. Did you mean these numbers which appear on and off? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trI8WyWMdcU (selfless devotion)
Mizu

sholin360
Org Profile

Post by sholin360 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:19 am

:D
Yes, I think I meant Matrix Data ( the one shown on your youtube video).

SuijinReflx
Org Profile

Post by SuijinReflx » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:23 am

Heres a link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1hqyv987f0241f4
Oh btw its in rather low quality and its actually not auto-transparent so you'll have to add the chroma key effect towards "black" Enjoy :bear:
Mizu

Return to “Effects & Techniques”