Having troubles with an effect on Vegas :/

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Having troubles with an effect on Vegas :/

Postby julialaurenxoxo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:01 pm

I came across an AMV with an effect I figured I could use in one of my current video projects. You can find it right here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX--iJKL3_4, where the clips are zoomed out and scroll across the screen at around 0:03.
I've tried a few things to recreate this. First was to zoom them out in pan/crop then use the push transition, but that didn't seem to work out. Second was to zoom them our in pan/crop then make them scroll using track motion, but that seemed like it would be time consuming, and confusing since I'd have to time them all right. Is there a simpler way to do this or should I just go with the second method?
julialaurenxoxo

Re: Having troubles with an effect on Vegas :/

Postby Nezumi6969 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 pm

This is just a guess, but use cookie cutter to cut out the top and bottom part of it. then just use the push transition.
Nezumi6969

Postby julialaurenxoxo » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Alright thank you! That's basically what I tried before but I figured out you need to use a video track for each clip to make it go smoother. But thanks again! ^^
julialaurenxoxo

Postby hackedhacker » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:13 am

cookie cutter will do the trick :)
hackedhacker

Return to Visual Effects