How do i do this effect help please :(

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

How do i do this effect help please :(

Postby sasukerocks4321 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:07 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwPEPEnIWR8

How do i do these style of flashes done in the video also at 0:27 how to do the redish effect all help is appreciated thanks :)
sasukerocks4321

Re: How do i do this effect help please :(

Postby Niotex » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:04 am

The zooms are created by what is called a radial blur. The radial blur value is increased from 0 to about 15% over the course of 1 to 3 frames and then brought back down to 0 over the course of 6 to 10 frames. In this case they are most likely accompanied by a slight zoom or scale up of the actual scene. As well as some noise and obviously de-saturation [black and white]. If you are able to tell us what software you have at your disposal we'll be happy to run you through the process.

The red scenes can be achieved by color channel effects like for instance toner or two-tone. Providing what software you use will help us narrow down which effect and settings you'll roughly need to achieve this look in the editor of your choice.
Niotex
The Phantom Canine

Postby sasukerocks4321 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Okay thanks and I use Sony Vegas 7.0
sasukerocks4321

Postby Niotex » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:52 pm

Sadly I'm not a Vegas user. However I bugged a few people who might be able to help you on your way. So sit tight and I'm sure someone will help you shortly.
Niotex
The Phantom Canine

Postby sasukerocks4321 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:52 am

Alright thanks very much for your help :)
sasukerocks4321

Postby NS » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:00 pm

In vegas for the red effect, you can just make a red solid and then reduce it's opacity a bit and put it over a clip where you do what Nio explained, and it should give it that red look. You'll also need to add some grain and whatnot to get the exact look.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Postby sasukerocks4321 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:53 pm

Thanks could you also explain the flashes in vegas?
sasukerocks4321

Postby NS » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 am

A flash is just when some other image is present for like a split second instead of the original video or whatever. So using that knowledge you can use the color solids and add effects to them or whatever and explore the possibilities.
ImageImage
NS
I like pants

Return to Visual Effects