spicemaster?!

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

spicemaster?!

Postby FabioFortune » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi guys!

(sony vegas user)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EfQ94kq ... ideo_title

how can I do the red thing in the beginning 0:00 - 0:03 ?! someone in the comments said that is a new blue fx effect but it seems more something of spicemaster... Can you tell me exactly what effect is?! and if it is a spicemaster effect how to make it to open like this?!
FabioFortune

Re: spicemaster?!

Postby RajinIII » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:15 am

Hey man, I'd like to know how to do that as well. I'm using Adobe.
"Focusing on ourselves will never reveal our life's purpose."--Rick Warren
RajinIII

Postby Kawatta-kun » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:08 am

Yes, it's a new blue transition I think so.
Image Image
Kawatta-kun

Postby FabioFortune » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:46 pm

RajinIII wrote:Hey man, I'd like to know how to do that as well. I'm using Adobe.

I already know what it is man, it isn't a newblue effect neither a spicemaster effect it's a plugin called riot gear fx, google it ;D
FabioFortune

Postby pan_dbgt01 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:05 am

The only problem with all of these plug ins is that everyone's videos look the same. lol
pan_dbgt01

Postby Azilorn » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:17 am

Have you tried using it and if you have have you tried editing the color scheme because i have had a few play arounds with that plug in and i find changing the flames to Orange and then a Orange thats closer to white gives a very good fire effect for what you would see in an anime, Also when im using this Tool i can only get the transitions to work and not the Video Effects. anyone got any solutions or reasons as to why this doesnt work
Azilorn

Postby ngsilver » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:32 am

tbh, the only reason videos look the same when using a plug-in is because most people don't bother to alter the settings in order to use the plug-in to do something different. It isn't the plug-in's fault. Though if the look you're going for can be achieved by the default then I guess that's what you're going to do with it. :shrug:
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby pan_dbgt01 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:27 pm

I must admit, plug ins are fun! lol
pan_dbgt01

Postby xPiikanyaa » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:32 pm

Plugins are good if people use them creatively, but if they just get over-whored by beginner editors then it usually ends up looking like crap, cause like pan_dbgt01said everyone's videos look the same xD

and I think that effect is possible with spicemaster, not sure though since i don't use it often. xD
xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale

Postby pan_dbgt01 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:32 am

xPiikanyaa wrote:Plugins are good if people use them creatively, but if they just get over-whored by beginner editors then it usually ends up looking like crap, cause like pan_dbgt01said everyone's videos look the same xD

and I think that effect is possible with spicemaster, not sure though since i don't use it often. xD

Spicemaster is ok. I find them VERY cookie cutter as in you can't customize them. New Blue you can customize and some of them are great and they add a variety that Vegas is lacking.
pan_dbgt01

Postby OtakuGray » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:26 am

90% of new blue effects can be re-created using pan and crop and masking. Same with 90% of adobe's so called "3d-effects." Vegas is a very extensive program. Spicemaster effects are so messy, I haven't even bothered trying to re-create them...but I'm sure its possible if you put your mind too it.

You can easily re-create that effect(it IS riotgear btw) by creating a lightning media generator, making the middle color bright green, and then adding chroma too it. Just chroma out the green, and then add light rays or radial blur and tweak the effects till it looks like what you want.

Hope I helped lol
godix wrote:Like this one amv. It was all like woosh, zoom with effects. And I was all like whoa awesome. Then that guitar thingies popped up and went dun dun DUN dun then those box thingies went zooming by and twirling around and shit. Oh god, then the hexagons popped up and I was like 'I just got a stiffie'. Then there was the circle with those thingies going around and I blew my load.

OtakuGray
I understoop!

Postby pan_dbgt01 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:54 pm

OtakuGray wrote:90% of new blue effects can be re-created using pan and crop and masking. Same with 90% of adobe's so called "3d-effects." Vegas is a very extensive program. Spicemaster effects are so messy, I haven't even bothered trying to re-create them...but I'm sure its possible if you put your mind too it.

You can easily re-create that effect(it IS riotgear btw) by creating a lightning media generator, making the middle color bright green, and then adding chroma too it. Just chroma out the green, and then add light rays or radial blur and tweak the effects till it looks like what you want.

Hope I helped lol

hmmm...... :?

That's just crazy talk now! LOLZ I know what you mean tho. I love AMVs with customized effects. I still have yet to learn about that stuff, but I am trying to become better with effects.

Are you talking about AE?
pan_dbgt01

Postby Magnus » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:09 pm

That is a stock-footage "transition" (if you will) from a videocopilot.net product called Riotgear. The one thing the person did was key out the whites of the footage and placed a scene behind it, making it visible through the blacks.
ImageImageImage
Magnus
Treasure this time

Return to Visual Effects