help!how is done this effect?

cciullo
Org Profile

help!how is done this effect?

Post by cciullo » Thu May 05, 2011 4:14 am

Hi there,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y84v3MLe ... re=related
can you tell me how he did the effect at 0:23 to 0:31
I tried to apply some color corrector,earth quake and zoom with Pan/crop....but th result is not the same...someone can help me? thanks!
ps:Sorry for my english but i'm italian :)this forum is the best amv forum i found in internet...a section with guide for begginers we woold be well:D

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Re: help!how is done this effect?

Post by Niotex » Thu May 05, 2011 8:47 pm

It's from the actual show. What you tried is very similar to how you'd do it. You can probably try using a duplicate with a blending mode on it. I have no idea how to recreate it in Vegas but what I described should apply fairly well.

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Wow! I love that part of the Canaan OP. There is a LOT going on. You're gonna need to combine a ton of effects to simulate it. Simulated motion, zoom using layers with decreased opacity, film grain, black/white, saturation and contrast, blur, tint (probably using gradient map), and an overlay with some sort of colorful moving generated media with similar effects.

I can give you a few screen shots of one of the characters so you can see what you're actually trying to simulate since it moves so fast. I don't know how helpful that is...

Kanti13
Org Profile

Post by Kanti13 » Sat May 07, 2011 12:51 am

Here are screenshots of a couple of the characters from that clip (frame by frame for lack of more accurate term).
You can see that the changing colors and textures are just as important as the zooms for that chaotic feel. You can't even see some of those color changes when you play the clip, but it's the speed that makes it.... look like that o.O Sorry, it's late and I'm forgetting how to talk XD
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/98 ... frame.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85 ... maria.jpg/

Hope that helps some. Good Luck.
If I try to do this and come up with any useful advice I'll post it. I do love this effect.
cciullo wrote::)this forum is the best amv forum i found in internet...a section with guide for begginers we woold be well:D

Welcom : ) GUIDES

cciullo
Org Profile

Post by cciullo » Sun May 08, 2011 1:48 am

thanks for the replies all:) I'll try to do this effect and then, I'll show you the result (I hope will be a good result:D)

Return to “Effects & Techniques”