questions about adobe after effects cs5

OMGapotato
Org Profile

questions about adobe after effects cs5

Post by OMGapotato » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:55 am

I read the guide, watched videos, practiced and i know how to use after effects but i have no idea how to use my editing software (adobe premiere pro cs4) and after effects together. for example, how would i edit a video with adobe after effects to sync with music? i just need some clarity.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: questions about adobe after effects cs5

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:14 pm

If you have the bundle of adobe software that included both premiere and AE, then there is a feature that lets you copy and paste clips between the 2 programs.
Otherwise, you can just export your video from premiere, and then import it into AE. You want to be sure to use lossless compression or uncompressed.

Depending on what you are doing, you may have to tweak your project in premiere, for instance, export different video tracks as separate files. It all depends on how you need to use the video in AE.

OMGapotato
Org Profile

Post by OMGapotato » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:00 pm

thanks i'll do that

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:15 am

Usually what I do is edit everything in premiere then export segments of the video to lossless for compositing and roto in After Effects... then export that and import back into premiere. Or, use premiere to make a guide using text and/or solid mattes to point out the timings i want and bring that into AE.

OMGapotato
Org Profile

Post by OMGapotato » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:57 pm

thanks, pwolff, that actually makes a lot of sense though sounds like it'll take twice, maybe even three times, as long. oh well.

Return to “Effects & Techniques”