A Color Static Dissolve

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

A Color Static Dissolve

Postby Ninetailsrox » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:49 pm

I don't know what the effect is..but I remember recently (probably like 4 moths ago) that there was a sony vegas tutorial on a sort of color static dissolve...thats the best I can explain... and i need it for an amv :/ if anyone can help
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw4OqRte ... ideo_title
from 0:40-0:43
its sort of like this...and you can tell he made it in after effects...if there's a video tutorial on that effect on after effects or sony vegas could you please send me the link...because I need this for my amv
and do know that I'm a beginner in AE LOL soo...don't go technical on me with big words lol I'M PRETTY MUCH A NOVICE XDDD
please and thank you xDD
Ninetailsrox

Re: A Color Static Dissolve

Postby Niotex » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:45 pm

It's a called RGB Split/Chromic Aberration. What it basically does is separate the individual color channels [Red, Green and Blue] and offsets them slightly. It was originally a technical shortcoming from the lag of different colors of light hitting the CMOS sensor in camera's. History lesson aside, there are multiple ways of going about recreating this.

I was a tired when recording this so I apologize for "derping" a little.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlNDzS6w1wo&hd=1
Niotex
The Phantom Canine

Re: A Color Static Dissolve

Postby Ninetailsrox » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:23 pm

thank you!! It really helped!! LOL i could hear your voice perfectly when you put up the volume soo no big deal :3
AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
Ninetailsrox

Return to Visual Effects