Intersting free effects software

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

Intersting free effects software

Postby guy07 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Hey, thought I'd try pimping this program I've been attempting to use. It can do some pretty cool stuff, worth taking for a test ride at the least. The stuff you can do is pretty impressive when you consider that it's free.

http://www.debugmode.com/wax/
guy07

Re: Intersting free effects software

Postby GH » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:13 pm

i've heard of the wax plugin before, but never bothered to learn what it actually did. i've never been one to use premade effects/plug-ins or "help" outside of the editing software, but rotomate sounds pretty nice, i'm gonna' try this out tomorrow.

thanks for the link. :up:
GH

Postby Niotex » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:09 am

Only way it's "worth" it is if you don't have the money for actual alternatives. I might just be too spoiled with the software I own myself that I wouldn't even give this a second glance. But I guess it might have a use for some people.

In short if you know what you're doing don't bother with this.
Niotex
The Phantom Canine

Postby xPiikanyaa » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Yeah, I've got that program but I only really use it for masking, I'm too lazy to figure out what else it can do xD
xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale

Return to Visual Effects