How is this done- fly clip please

For all help and discussion relating to visual effects in programs that are not already covered in an existing forum, such as Blender, Particle Illusion, etc., along with discussion about effects theories and techniques.

Moderator: Niotex

How is this done- fly clip please

Postby Ha55an » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:54 am

Hello guys I am a total utter noob at editing I just started, I recently saw this effect varies of people add to their clip eg amvs example - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dkWgwez-CsU time codes one starts 2:01 another at 2:20 thanks in advanced if anyone could tell me how this is done, or even a tutorial link. :D
Ha55an

Re: How is this done- fly clip please

Postby Shui » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:43 am

Can you be more specific? there's more than one thing going on. also which tools do you have? AE/Vegas?
Shui
Shuitcake

Postby Ha55an » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:23 pm

Sorry, Sony vegas 13, after effects cc.
I meant by the clips changing really fast, 2:01 and 2:20
Ha55an

Postby Enigmo » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:41 am

you're probably talking about the interlacing effect that comes with tv sim effects. yeah, basically use the tv simulator effect in vegas and increase the "interlacing"
Image Image
Enigmo

Postby 995Gabber » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:29 pm

you mean ONLY how the clips change really fast? well that is rather simple, all you have to do is cut each clip and move to the other really fast.
Elaborate? zoom in to your Audio wave track (@ the spot where there are lots of consecutive beats because that is a good place to do this technique) and place a marker on the beginning of each beat (you can place markers by pressing "M" on your keyboard) so now you will have divided your beat sequence into very short instances defined by the markers you placed. Now you can fill these with short clips.

Note: incase you were actually referring to something deeper than just changing clips quickly then i'm sorry for derping haha
995Gabber

Postby guguza » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:18 pm

Wow cool effect
guguza

Return to Visual Effects