Religion

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Yok/0
do not feed
Org Profile

Post by Yok/0 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:46 am

Doctor Aesling wrote:
guy07 wrote:I still say the aliens did it
You know, I realize it's off topic, but I really hate that attitude. How arrogant to assume that ancient peoples couldn't have created something so amazing. Maybe you just really want to believe in aliens and aren't trying to look down on other cultures, but in the end that's really what you're implying with that hypothesis.
My thoughts exactly. But then again...This is a Guy07 thread. I'll be waiting for a religion thread started by Yingface like he did with the drunk post.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=82933

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:53 am

Doctor Aesling wrote:
guy07 wrote:I still say the aliens did it
You know, I realize it's off topic, but I really hate that attitude. How arrogant to assume that ancient peoples couldn't have created something so amazing. Maybe you just really want to believe in aliens and aren't trying to look down on other cultures, but in the end that's really what you're implying with that hypothesis.
Obviously, he means Xenu did it.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:02 pm

Copycat_Revolver wrote:First of all, why are you taking anything guy says seriously?
X2 :?
It's very rare to see me post something serious >.>;

Yarry
Org Profile

Post by Yarry » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:42 pm

I'll be short and frank.

I can't relate to omnipotence at all, which most of the major religions are based upon. I mean if God knows all and is in everyone why the hell did he bother?

He knows what's going to happen and he could have made a perfect image of himself. Instead he chooses to create a half-assed image of himself and thereby creating missery.

Omnipotence is bullshit.

On a last note: I do like religion as an common idea and mindset. The message of religion is often in good intention.

Besides this religion is a great way of manipulating and controling people.

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:10 pm

Yarry wrote: He knows what's going to happen and he could have made a perfect image of himself. Instead he chooses to create a half-assed image of himself and thereby creating missery.

Omnipotence is bullshit.
I'm not defending or opposing, but possible reasoning for this kinda reminds me of a part of the comic I'm working on.

Back-story: Revolves around my bf and I as AMV editors. After trying to edit with "mystery footage", we get sucked into a digital world where, because we know how to work "the sacred objects" (laptops with editing software which allows us to manipulate or "edit" our environment.), we're hailed as "the chosen ones", and sent on a journey with a guy and a girl from this digital world (who also have powers) to stop an evil villain. I also have the sketchbook of the comic with me on the journey.
*After a particularly rough battle*

Rafe (my bf): You know, if you have the sketchbook with you, why do we keep getting put through such rough battles and trying ordeals? Couldn't you just draw us out of them?

Me: Because, if everything went smoothly and everything was great, there wouldn't be much of a story. It's our trials and battles that make us who we are and keep the readers interested in our story.

Everyone else: Oh, right. That's true.

Me: And besides, this is more fun!
Probably about the same line of reasoning. While perfection is great and all, it can get kinda boring. ;)
ImageImage

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:46 pm

Return to “General Discussion”