SHYAMALANDINGDONG!!!

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Serv0
Org Profile

SHYAMALANDINGDONG!!!

Post by Serv0 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:11 pm

Go ahead and call me stupid for going to go watch this movie, because that's exactly how I felt when I left the theater.

Alright, alright. Let's be honest here, I can't believe this guy, (Shyamalandingdong) has a cult following let alone still making movies. Ehh...But then again...We live in a world where Decoy has a following too, so I guess it really shouldn't surprise me.

But to those of you who are pondering about seeing this piece of work in a toilet, here's my grain of salt:
PIRATE IT!!!
Don't waste your money in giving to the profits of this shit! There are way better things you can spend that $10 on. Like a McDonalds Meal. Or a lost lottery ticket. Or a blow-job from a fat acne faced geek in the Chicago street corner.

I know exactly where you can point that finger dingdong!

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:54 pm

I donno this is the guy who is gonna be making the live action Avatar Movie O.O

(and I personally enjoyed The 6th Sense, Lady in the Water and The Village... )

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:10 pm

I like some of his movies....I don't want to see this one, but he's not all bad *shrugs*

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:37 pm

His early stuff was good ... but after The Village ..... yeah, I don't plan on seeing The Happening at all. I mean, it even has a crappy name.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:18 pm

Might as well call it "Intelligent Design: The Movie". The IDiocy is painful.

Also...
Spoiler :
plants?
Worst villain ever.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:21 pm

Sixth sense was a kick ass movie.

Unbreakable was an interesting premise but fail. And misnamed, it should have been titled 'THE BLACK GUY IS THE VILLIAN!' That wouldn't have spoiled anything the average person wouldn't know after 5 damn minutes of the movie.

I can't say I saw anything after that. The 'aliens made me believe in christ' movie just sounded stupid. As did the 'OMG it all takes place in current times, what a shocker' movie. After that I kinda quit paying any attention to him. I now view him as the new cohen brothers, most of his movies suck donkey dick but every now and then he gets a winner. But he has a large following because some people enjoy being pretentious faggots by confusing a long boring pointless movie with a deep meaning.

BurningLeaves
Org Profile

Post by BurningLeaves » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:35 pm

hmm im surprised this thread took so long. <a href="http://burningleaves09.livejournal.com/1553.html">My thoughts on Shyamalan</A> though... should have prob made a petition rather then gey open letter It not that he hasnt made some good movies, he has. Its that each movie just keeps getting worse and worse. This movie was beyond bad, but yet still better then Lady in the water. To quote family guy, the source of all wisdom, this movie 'insists upon itself' and since when could Wahlburg not act? Or was it just the lack of a gun in hand throwing him off?

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:47 pm

I liked the Sixth Sense. As for the happening, I will probably wait to rent though. I kind of think it's an interesting premise. :O

Serv0
Org Profile

Post by Serv0 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:57 pm

First thing's first. You all know that I tend to bitch more about movies rather than recommending them. So it really shouldn't come as a surprise to many of you.

As for the movie, I don't know which cinema you guys who've already seen this movie were in. But the cinema I watched The Crappening in, apparently showed the full unaltered print of the movie. How do I know this you ask? Well I personally counted at least 15 times where the boom mic literally fell into frame.
That's this guy here:
Apparently FOX released a memo to all the theaters saying: "Crop the film to a point where the mic is invisible."
To me this is just flat out ridiculous. I really don't give a shit if it was even intentional in the first place.
Besides, implementing the boom, will never out stage this classic boomstick:

So am I mad? Yeah a little bit....more like pissed off from wasting my time with this. I guess you could say that I'm in dire need of receiving my time back.

Personally Shyamalan to me is a fucking gimmick. A One-hit wonder boy, with his one and only The Sixth Sense.
Okay...Okay...
Maybe a One and a Half-Hit wonder, since Signs did rank in quite a few $$$.
But even so, the guy is not that cracked up to be.
BurningLeaves wrote:To quote family guy, the source of all wisdom, this movie 'insists upon itself' and since when could Wahlburg not act? Or was it just the lack of a gun in hand throwing him off?
I'm a Marky Mark fan myself. In fact, my favorite role of his is Boogie Nights (insisting the lack of gun in hand). But the acting was beyond horrible in this movie, it was painful. Very painful. I really think the source of this problem was that Ding-Dong here said, "Take 1. There. That's a wrap."

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:41 pm

According to what I found when I googled it, it's not just this film. This guy does that a lot and just tells the theaters to zoom in to title-safe. People had reported seeing mics in a lot of his other movies too.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “General Discussion”