Smash Bros. Brawl?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Garylisk
Org Profile

Smash Bros. Brawl?

Post by Garylisk » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:26 pm

Anyone getting it on Sunday?

Anyone wanna throw down on Sunday?

I'll not be making it to the midnight release, but I'll be getting it as soon as I get off work.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:41 pm

I've played it a bunch over the last month... Kinda got sick of it to tell you the truth, of course, I'm playing against tourney ranked SSBM players so. =/
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

OhmGautama
Org Profile

Post by OhmGautama » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:06 pm

Im very excited about it. Me and my friend have played Super Smash Brothers Melee an excessive amount over the past couple of years. We each reserved a copy at a local EB games, so I am not too worried about getting it. If the online system is like I have read it will be quite anonymous online play with no voice chat, but if we catch you on Garylisk well hit yah up :twisted:
"Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make"

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:54 pm

I saw a poster advertising a release tournament with a plasma tv and wii system as prizes while I was following girls around the mall today. I was tempted to enter, but the last SSB game I played was the first one, and it probably costs money or something to try.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:06 pm

RathiSponge wrote:...quite anonymous online play with no voice chat...
:cry:

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:26 am

I still need to get a Wii. They're still flying off the shelves everywhere and not being restocked fast enough. :?

Once I do, I'll be putting Brawl next to my copy of Melee. :)
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:45 pm

Just an update:
The online play is fabulous and seamless. There is no voice chat or text chat, but you can make pre-set comic bubble taunts. Also, it is not anonymous per se. When you connect, it gives you a Brawl friend code. You share the code with your friends, you add each other, and have a friend list. You can select "Play against anyone" and it will put you in a queue and set you up with random opponents, but the friends list lets you play against who you want if you already know them.

Additionally, the game itself is awesome. Impossible to describe how much it rocks and how much better it is than Melee.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:46 pm

Got home from work. Here, for anyone out there...

My Smash Bros. friend code is 2964-8240-9665
My Wii is 6465 1596 5768 0876

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:17 pm

Got it this morning.

I played most of this morning and this afternoon, and I was mixed with sadness and overwhelming squeeness.

I love the new characters. They were created perfectly. I especially love Zero Suit Samus and Pit. (The character I'm currently obsessing over is a mixture of these two and Lucario) Then again, I'm feeling like Olimar is just a useless character that is just there for eye candy. Same with R.O.B. :? I'm still up in the air with Meta Knight and King DeDeDe.

Final smashes are a sad dissapointment to me. While some characers (like Zelda and Link) have amazing smashes that pwn majorly, other characters (like Kirby and Pit) have kind of lacking smash attacks that sometimes aren't even worth going after the smash ball for.

Sadly, I am slighly dissapointed with the gameplay. It's exactly the same, with the exception of the smash ball and the assist trophies. I was hoping for something better, to be totaly honest.

That being said, I am now going to contradict myself. The characters that were from Meele (making a return) were amazingly similar, while retaining a new sense of style and gameplay. For example: Samus is slower, due to her heavy armor, Fox is faster and has speedier attacks, and Falco is slower, but with more powerful hits. Link's new boomarang was interesting, and Zelda/Shiek are the exact same, with improved graphics and control.

The graphics are nice, but the melee stages were sadly lacking. It looked like they just slapped in on from the second game. I am especially irked with Hyrule Castle's look. :evil:

The Subspace storyline is hawt! :O It makes all these funny little nintendo characters actually look half-way serious. Though I do get a little irked with the pairings here and there.

Wii controller controls are NICE. I was so glad to have such a familar feel with the controller, while making things easier to transition with (I much prefer the wii-mote to the gamecube controller).

Stage buidling is kind of a last minute tack-on to me. Really wasn't anything too spectacular, but it's still nice to have, I guess. :O

Also, being a major Fox/Falco character user, is anyone else happy with the shortened distance with their fire attack, as well as their quick attack? Now I don't see myself falling off cliffs anytime soon, thankfully.

Blah. I can't give it more than 4/5. Though is definilty a must buy. :up:

P.S: Don't waste money on the strategy guide. It's the biggest waste of 20 bucks I have ever done in my life.

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:51 am

SSB was a good game. SSB:M was a horrible bastard child that should have been strangled in it's crib. It's nice to see a real successor to the original, and I'm not disappointed. A few mixed feelings, but, nothing in particular strikes out as being wrong.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Return to “General Discussion”