This is the best Half-Life 2 speedrun ever.

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

This is the best Half-Life 2 speedrun ever.

Post by inthesto » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:41 am

Clicky clicky

Okay, so I guess it helps if you're actually played the game, but whatever.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:52 am

I should really get around to finishing HL1 <_<
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:32 am

Half-Life couldn't be more of a rail shooter if it took place on a train and the plot is mediocore at the best of times.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:42 am

Orwell wrote:Half-Life couldn't be more of a rail shooter if it took place on a train and the plot is mediocore at the best of times.
So, Steven Seagal is somehow involved in this? :shock:
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:44 am

Orwell wrote:Half-Life couldn't be more of a rail shooter if it took place on a train and the plot is mediocore at the best of times.
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
SHUT THE FUCK UP.
UP. UP. UP. UP. UP. UP UP UP. UP. UP. UP UPUP UP.
UPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUP

Seriously. You're the only person I know who so vociferously dislikes what's my favorite non-sim, non-free-roaming game ever (by a long shot). :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:15 pm

Never played Half-Life, though I adore Portal and TF2 and CS. :O

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:18 pm

This was pretty awesome. Thanks :)
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:03 pm

Nobody doesn't like HL2. Except that rediska Orwell :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:30 pm

Otohiko wrote:Seriously. You're the only person I know who so vociferously dislikes what's my favorite non-sim, non-free-roaming game ever (by a long shot). :roll:
Yeah, that would also be the first time I've seen someone really dislike it . . . honestly, I thought the game was incredible. I played it after not playing first person shooters for several years (not because I was tired of them or anything; I just couldn't afford games), and it really blew most of them out of the water with just how tense much of it was. Most FPS games are essentially "on rails." You just go through the level, go to your objectives, etc. HL2 did this very well, as it was actually engaging during this process.

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:28 pm

The environments just don't engage me, they feel contrived, and I can feel the narrators hand on my shoulder. The weapons are uninspired, and while the 'physics puzzles' don't necessary earn the ire the series as a whole does, their overly simplistic and instead of feeling rewarding for a real puzzle you might encounter, their just speedbumps.

And the weapons suck. Oh do the weapons suck. Point, click, don't die because YOU'VE LEFT YOUR LIGHTS ON, like you're some sort of car.

Now, chiki briki v damki.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Return to “General Discussion”