United Canucks Of Mexico? :O

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:59 pm

CorpseGoddess wrote:Well, I tend to trust what I read on Snopes...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/nau.asp
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:57 pm

Zarxrax wrote:It is not 100% impeccable in its facts either, but from what I have researched, much of the facts and statements presented in this film are accurate.
I didn't really get much past the part on income tax for a variety of reasons (unless that's what the whole thing is) . . . but counter-evidence? There's actually a HUGE amount of innacuracy, fabrication, and half-truths in the film.

http://docs.law.gwu.edu/facweb/jsiegel/ ... omeTax.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America:_F ... to_Fascism

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:26 am

Tsunami Jones wrote:
Zarxrax wrote:It is not 100% impeccable in its facts either, but from what I have researched, much of the facts and statements presented in this film are accurate.
I didn't really get much past the part on income tax for a variety of reasons (unless that's what the whole thing is) . . . but counter-evidence? There's actually a HUGE amount of innacuracy, fabrication, and half-truths in the film.

http://docs.law.gwu.edu/facweb/jsiegel/ ... omeTax.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America:_F ... to_Fascism
Well I'm not sure I would go THAT far. Yes, maybe some parts can be certified as false or misleading, however many opposing arguments are not necessarily "fact", they are just opposing arguments. The organization "we the people" is STILL trying to just get the government to answer their damn questions, and they have been lied to repeatedly that it would happen for 9 years now.
But anyways, I don't mean to assert that the *conclusions* that the film arrives at are all true (nor do I conclude that they are false), but it does raise many important questions and facts that are very relevant.

Regardless of any of that though, the argument at hand is in regards to the North American Union. It is mentioned in the film, albeit not a large chunk is dedicated to explaining it. The fact of the matter is, the issue of the North American Union isn't tied to some documentary film that may or may not be accurate. There are numerous PRIMARY SOURCES confirming what is going on. There are then countless observations that can be made that all point to a coming North American Union. Now, normally, taking observations and jumping to a conclusion about them is the definition of a conspiracy theory. When you have primary sources confirming something though, you are no longer just jumping to conclusions.

The former president of Mexico says CLEARLY, without any need for twisting his words, that we are working towards this goal, and he wants very much to see it happen. There are government sites that talk about plans for this. There are bills that have been sent before congress specifically related to this. This has been reported on in major media outlets such as CNN.
And yet the people in charge try to say that nothings going on, we are all just a bunch of kooks. They say, "nothing like that is happening, we are just doing this" and then they go on to say they are doing exactly what everyone is afraid of, only they say it in really nice words that makes it sound good.

Hell, the drivers license in my wallet has a North American Union hologram on the back of it! (North Carolina, first state the logo has appeared on).

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:50 pm

Zarxrax wrote: Regardless of any of that though, the argument at hand is in regards to the North American Union.
Fair enough. I didn't get that far in the film, and in regards to it, have little to say.

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:55 pm

Even if this is happening, I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with it....I've always been a one-world government groknard even since watching Star Trek as a kid.

Let there be a new ordering of the ages, people. Novus ordo saeclorum. :twisted:
Life's short.
eBayhard.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:16 pm

BMA IS A BORG! GHET HIM!

I wouldn't mind a merger, i'm a guy that loves change or any sort. Good or bad, i hate being bored. Call me Mr.haruhi ;p

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:45 pm

I like watching conspiracy videos it's neat to see how others view the world...

and I'm kinda with BMA on this O: I think it would be cool to see the world working together rather than fighting amongst themselves O:

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:56 pm

Oh my god, I can't believe how many people actually crave for 1 world government.

You think everything is going to just be lovey-dovey and everyone will be happy?

Just think about this for a second. Consolidating everything together means NO CHOICE. NO VARIETY. EVERYTHING IS THE SAME.

Some people want to be allowed to smoke marijuana. Some people think abortion should be illegal. Some people are opposed to massive government subsidies and corporate bailouts. Some people are opposed to teaching sex education in school. Some people don't want to have to eat genetically engineered foods.

When government is broken up and decided on a more local level, that gives people OPTIONS. They can live in a place where they are comfortable. Since the civil war, the US has gone further and further towards a single consolidated government. What is the result of this? Well, california wants marijuanna, but the federal government says no. Hell, who cares what california wants though, right? 51% rules, who cares about the other 49%? Just screw them.

We have a culture that is more partisan than ever. Both sides hate the other passionately, and don't even realize that they are both exactly the same. In 1 government, everyone gets ass-fucked equally. But hey, who cares, right? Just vote for the guy who is going to keep abortion illegal for everyone, because that's all that matters right? Or vote for the guy who is going to force universal healthcare on everyone, because that's all that matters, right? Or let's just keep fighting endless wars around the world, because that's something we can ALL agree on, right?

Everyone wants more government when its on their side. What happens when the tables are turned though? You people think the majority really rule? The elite who run the world don't give a shit about what the majority want.

Yok/0
do not feed
Org Profile

Post by Yok/0 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:59 pm

Let's all get naked and have a 1 World Government Love Fest!

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:19 pm

As a European I know what it is like to have a big conglomerated union near you trying to make your political decisions for you.

Thankfully as a Briton I also know what it is like to have a population largely opposed to this and partaking only in some of that union whilst retaining independance : )
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

Return to “General Discussion”