A mellow goodbye

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

A mellow goodbye

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:49 pm

I wasn't going to make a post, but that was a decision I made before the Donator forum. Donator status expires in two weeks, and I'm not going to renew it. I only come here to occasionally check Announcements and Music, but pretty much all the connections I'd established over the years here have dissipated.

I have really fond memories of this site and its people, but I've felt less a part of it the past year or so, and that's perfectly natural. It is with only a vague melancholy that I say goodbye. I haven't edited anything worth watching twice in ages and, while I'm still in line for an MEP segment, I doubt I'll really edit anything again. That's probably still what I miss most: editing. Hell, I basically left this place when I stopped editing, I've mostly been lurking. Been here almost 6 years, and at least 3 of those were good ones.

I might try to make a last appearance at AWA sometime, but otherwise I'm done with cons.

There are a few of you I still talk to, and I'm glad to have taken at least that from here. I wanted to leave something when I left, a parting Christmas gift of sorts, but I lack the inspiration. So merry Christmas, happy new year, all that jazz. Keep butchering anime and raping music, but keep in mind you'll never be as good as Beo or Sammy.

Thanks for all the videos, distractions, wasted hours in silly discussions, and all the help I've gotten. Only wish I could've contributed more.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:53 pm

:cry:
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:08 pm

I haven't edited anything worth watching twice in ages and, while I'm still in line for an MEP segment,
Aww...

Crackerz is gonna be sad.

BEst of luck with you though! ^_^

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:48 pm

I'm still planning on editing that, I just hope I can get it done when the time comes.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:18 pm

I can't say that I've talked to you much over the years, but for some reason, you're one of the members that stood out a bunch to me when I first joined (maybe it was the Flint/Jesus avatar you had?).

Anyway though, goodbye, and take care of yourself!

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:48 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Too few of us early folks left as it is.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Re: A mellow goodbye

Post by godix » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:49 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:keep in mind you'll never be as good as Beo or Sammy.
And a merry fuck off to you too.

Seriously, if you aren't enjoying yourself anymore it makes sense to leave. Best of luck to you in whatever it is you'll waste your time with from now on.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:17 pm

godix wrote:
Flint the Dwarf wrote:keep in mind you'll never be as good as Beo or Sammy.
And a merry fuck off to you too.

Seriously, if you aren't enjoying yourself anymore it makes sense to leave. Best of luck to you in whatever it is you'll waste your time with from now on.
I'm betting Guitar Hero...

;_;

Sorry to see you go Flint, I always did want to chat with you more, and meet you in person sometime... alas...

Hey on the plus side you can get most improved editor now.
Last edited by Fall_Child42 on Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:18 pm

I will say, though, godix, I've very much enjoyed your existence at this place.
Kionon wrote:Too few of us early folks left as it is.
Yeah, exactly, that's part of the reason.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:17 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:Keep butchering anime and raping music, but keep in mind you'll never be as good a?s Beo or Sammy.
What, not even if I really try? :roll:

I figured you were gonna sneak away one way or another! Which doesn't worry me, I'll surely stay in touch somehow, given that our music tastes at least intersect...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “General Discussion”