Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Invading Our Privacy, One School at a Time

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:11 pm

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/devlin/17027

What do you guys think?

Personally, I am greiviously against this. I don't like people thinking that students are criminals.

X_X

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:26 pm

if you change in the bathroom then they would think youre there all day when you really left lawl

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:59 pm

My college ID badge has a smartchip/RFID in it. I'm not sure that the chip in it is capable of tracking, but the school doesn't have the setup anyways. I'm against the idea, but I don't really see it being effective in any way. Probably about as effective as the "raise your hand if you're not here" method :lol:.
Insert clever text/image here.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:23 am

Ludicrous. Once the generation gets used to being tracked, they will speak out less when other groups start being tracked. Even if opponents remain vociferous, this idea scares me.

And this is happening in the states, privately. Something I am strongly against.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:17 am

One world government, conspiracy, etc.

Kionon, even though it may be state approved, it's likely they're just looking for something to spend those federally delegated funds on.

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:07 am

Reading about this shit makes me want to jump out of a fucking building. Everyone seems to think this is totally a great idea and NOT the most blatant form of complete control imposed by the state onto the people.

DO NOT EVER PUT A MICROCHIP IN YOUR BODY.

EVER.

FUCKING EVER.

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:14 am

They could be using technology to be turning me into JC Denton, but noooooooooooooo, we have to squander it on invasion of privacy.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:37 am

inthesto wrote:They could be using technology to be turning me into JC Denton, but o, we have to squander it on invasion of privacy.
i want laser eyes.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:28 am

Kionon wrote:Ludicrous. Once the generation gets used to being tracked, they will speak out less when other groups start being tracked. Even if opponents remain vociferous, this idea scares me.

And this is happening in the states, privately. Something I am strongly against.
I agree. I don't know how the hell this got past the Constituion. It totally doesn't seem constitutional.

I don't want people knowing where I am or have been. I thought it was bad enough when they could track cell phones, but now it's just ridiculous.

What's bad about this is that students have no choice. It's either do it or get expelled. I think it should be choice based, and even then I think it's too far.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:08 am

The Constitution rarely applies to children if their parents agree it doesn't. Get used to it because it ain't likely to change. If it were me I'd keep the tag but investigate if metal pins, buttons, or even a mini faraday cage if need be would block reading it remotely.

Return to “General Discussion”