Invading Our Privacy, One School at a Time

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:28 pm

Sounds like it's time to start work on an RFID-carried virus!

MadScientist
Org Profile

Post by MadScientist » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:42 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
Beowulf wrote: DO NOT EVER PUT A MICROCHIP IN YOUR BODY.

EVER.

FUCKING EVER.
I shoved a Pentium 4 in your butt while you slept at Akon 2003...
Wow, it sounds like he certainly has a valid reason to dislike microchips in the body then.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:57 pm

inthesto wrote:They could be using technology to be turning me into JC Denton, but o, we have to squander it on invasion of privacy.
I thought u said u hated that game :?

Think of this as if you were a parent, i mean it's not even abnormal to hear about kids getting bullied to extreme extents or even killed at school these days. While I don't agree with it, I can understand the reasons.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:59 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:The U.S. constitution also doesn't work so well in the U.K. - if anyone actually bothered critically reading the article and all...

As for blocking, you could use faraday cages (they make them for passports now since they have all their data on RFID) but a simple change to the method of delivery and even attempting to use a technology to block the data transfer would fall under the interference regulation guidelines the FCC controls - $10,000 fine per offense.
I like that you referred to fines from an american organization right after bitching about that no one bothered to read the article saying it was in england. Nice one.

Ok, now that I know what country this is in, I'll just point out England has the most CCTV cameras of anywhere else in the world. It's not surprising they're tracking children, what's surprising is that they can't already.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:19 am

Big Brother is watching you. Literally.

Seems Orwell's warning has been forgotten.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:53 am

godix wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:The U.S. constitution also doesn't work so well in the U.K. - if anyone actually bothered critically reading the article and all...

As for blocking, you could use faraday cages (they make them for passports now since they have all their data on RFID) but a simple change to the method of delivery and even attempting to use a technology to block the data transfer would fall under the interference regulation guidelines the FCC controls - $10,000 fine per offense.
I like that you referred to fines from an american organization right after bitching about that no one bothered to read the article saying it was in england. Nice one.
That little space there is meant to break up trains of thought. Figured i'd do that instead of posting twice about the fact that it was in the U.K. then a separate response to other U.S. related things that other people were talking about.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:04 pm

Kionon wrote:Big Brother is watching you. Literally.

Seems Orwell's warning has been forgotten.
Meh. Orwell's warning was ignored 6 months after it had been released. :/

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:25 pm

Beowulf wrote:
Yokou Seishirou wrote:Not like their embedding the damn thing in the skin.
rofl, give it 5 years.
More like last month...

Yok/0
do not feed
Org Profile

Post by Yok/0 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:17 am

jubjub2 wrote:
Beowulf wrote:
Yokou Seishirou wrote:Not like their embedding the damn thing in the skin.
rofl, give it 5 years.
More like last month...
on the link
ADS says the device, which is the size of a wristwatch-face and may become even smaller, could be used to find kidnapped children, locate young kids who wander away from parents and track teens who participate in at-risk behavior.
Wow I already can tell that "Street Surgery" will be a new thing to come if it comes to that much of a Desperate Measure. or like Godix said there will be ways to find a air hole out of such as foil or some sort of plastic metal to block transmission. So your looking @ a child who's gonna be getting their ass kicked until the kidnapper destroys that chip.

The most controversial of these gadgets is an under-the-skin personal location device from Applied Digital Solutions. Using Global Positioning Satellite technology, a microchip surgically implanted in the body finds children and notifies parents of their whereabouts.
Under-the-skin, Digital Positioning Satellites, Surgically Implanted chips in the body.
Have we not learned from Cell Phones? Health Anyone?
Cossolotto says VeriChip ($200 plus $9.95 a month), an under-the-skin, tamper-proof method of identifying one person against another.
Ok Fair deal for something thats only gonna cost you more and more. Almost be cheaper to give a kid a Cell phone(same thing health wise).
could help prevent kidnappings like the one of Utah teen Elizabeth Smart
Elizabeth Stupid...Most kids never did get many chances to actually to escape as much as she had.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 am

They're already talking about embedding these things in soldiers for tracking purposes. Makes being a PoW a lot more dangerous - they gotta cut off an arm or leg before you get to the hideout.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “General Discussion”