Invading Our Privacy, One School at a Time

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Invading Our Privacy, One School at a Time

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:11 pm

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/devlin/17027

What do you guys think?

Personally, I am greiviously against this. I don't like people thinking that students are criminals.

X_X
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:26 pm

if you change in the bathroom then they would think youre there all day when you really left lawl
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby NeoQuixotic » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:59 pm

My college ID badge has a smartchip/RFID in it. I'm not sure that the chip in it is capable of tracking, but the school doesn't have the setup anyways. I'm against the idea, but I don't really see it being effective in any way. Probably about as effective as the "raise your hand if you're not here" method :lol:.
Insert clever text/image here.
NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator

Postby Athena » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:23 am

Ludicrous. Once the generation gets used to being tracked, they will speak out less when other groups start being tracked. Even if opponents remain vociferous, this idea scares me.

And this is happening in the states, privately. Something I am strongly against.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby requiett » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:17 am

One world government, conspiracy, etc.

Kionon, even though it may be state approved, it's likely they're just looking for something to spend those federally delegated funds on.
requiett

Postby Beowulf » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:07 am

Reading about this shit makes me want to jump out of a fucking building. Everyone seems to think this is totally a great idea and NOT the most blatant form of complete control imposed by the state onto the people.

DO NOT EVER PUT A MICROCHIP IN YOUR BODY.

EVER.

FUCKING EVER.
Beowulf

Postby inthesto » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:14 am

They could be using technology to be turning me into JC Denton, but noooooooooooooo, we have to squander it on invasion of privacy.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.
inthesto
Beef Basket

Postby Fall_Child42 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:37 am

inthesto wrote:They could be using technology to be turning me into JC Denton, but o, we have to squander it on invasion of privacy.

i want laser eyes.
Fall_Child42
has a rock

Postby CodeZTM » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:28 am

Kionon wrote:Ludicrous. Once the generation gets used to being tracked, they will speak out less when other groups start being tracked. Even if opponents remain vociferous, this idea scares me.

And this is happening in the states, privately. Something I am strongly against.

I agree. I don't know how the hell this got past the Constituion. It totally doesn't seem constitutional.

I don't want people knowing where I am or have been. I thought it was bad enough when they could track cell phones, but now it's just ridiculous.

What's bad about this is that students have no choice. It's either do it or get expelled. I think it should be choice based, and even then I think it's too far.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby godix » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:08 am

The Constitution rarely applies to children if their parents agree it doesn't. Get used to it because it ain't likely to change. If it were me I'd keep the tag but investigate if metal pins, buttons, or even a mini faraday cage if need be would block reading it remotely.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:20 pm

The U.S. constitution also doesn't work so well in the U.K. - if anyone actually bothered critically reading the article and all...

As for blocking, you could use faraday cages (they make them for passports now since they have all their data on RFID) but a simple change to the method of delivery and even attempting to use a technology to block the data transfer would fall under the interference regulation guidelines the FCC controls - $10,000 fine per offense.
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby CodeZTM » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:16 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:The U.S. constitution also doesn't work so well in the U.K. - if anyone actually bothered critically reading the article and all...

As for blocking, you could use faraday cages (they make them for passports now since they have all their data on RFID) but a simple change to the method of delivery and even attempting to use a technology to block the data transfer would fall under the interference regulation guidelines the FCC controls - $10,000 fine per offense.

I knew it was in the U.K, but there are similar stories in the US in private parochial schools. O_o
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby mexicanjunior » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:25 pm

Beowulf wrote:DO NOT EVER PUT A MICROCHIP IN YOUR BODY.

EVER.

FUCKING EVER.

I shoved a Pentium 4 in your butt while you slept at Akon 2003...
mexicanjunior

Postby Yok/0 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:13 pm

Not like their embedding the damn thing in the skin.
Yok/0
do not feed

Postby Beowulf » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:13 pm

Yokou Seishirou wrote:Not like their embedding the damn thing in the skin.

rofl, give it 5 years.
Beowulf

Next

Return to General Discussion