Post a grid of your nine favorite albums.

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:50 pm

#1 easiest to pick Process of belief is one of the best albums that is consistently good, I've ever heard.

#2 Dead Kennedy's Fresh Fruit For rotting Vegetables. Kick Ass.

#3 Probably the first album i've ever owned ... (it was a cassette) Weird Al's Even Worse.

#4 Pink Floyd the Wall.

#5 London Calling by The Clash. brilliant.

#6 Propaghandi How to Clean Everything, fun with a healthy dose of FUCK YOU.

#7 Offspring's Americana I would have put Smash but this album was my first, and probably more influential for me.

#8 The Misfit's Static Age ... great album ... recorded in a single night.

#9 edit: My First Bad religion Album, Also contains one of my favorite songs of all time.

These are also in no particular order. and i had a hard time narrowing it to 9 ... especially since i've been listening to many new albums recently, and since Mozart doesn't really have an "Album" it's hard to add some of my favorite musicians in here.

But alas I brought Punk.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:24 pm

From left to right, top to bottom:

- Vertical Horizon - There & Back Again

This was the original cover of the album, with Keith Kane and Matt Scannell looking a bit like Simon & Garfunkel, and with the same sort of sound. A nice easy listening album that I enjoy a lot.

- Ulvaeus, Bjorn, Dickson, Barbara, Head, Murray, and Andersson - Chess

A nice two-disc set of operatic music from members of ABBA and others. Even though you need the booklet to follow the story of the album, by itself it flows with wonderful song direction and excellent vocal work. I never get bored listening to it.

- Vertical Horizon - Running on Ice

This is a great follow-up to the previous album that added kicking beats and a more rythmic alternative rock beat while retaining the same folk-inspired musical melody. A must-own for those who like alternative rock band music.

- Dido - No Angel

One of those albums I listen to at work and stick on repeat for hours. Great tracks and a nice flow from one into the next.

- Vertical Horizon - Live Stages

Vertical Horizon has always been a crowd-pleasing band, and this album certainly brings out the best of their past work while introducing a few new ones that have been played but not recorded before. A live album I also play at work quite a bit.

- Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live 1980-1981

The live version appeals to me because I like the spontaneous recording style and the two booklets that present photo upon photo of what the live show in Earl's Court was like -- from the construction of the carboard brick wall to the puppetry work, to the decimation of the wall. Oh, and the music is great, too. :P

- Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want

Their breakout mainstream album, and one of the best rock albums I own multiple copies of -- between two-track singles, the promotional album (which has a few different versions of songs before the final edits), and the original album.

- Shiro Sagisu - Refrain of Evangelion

This one brings all the great tracks from all of the various soundtracks of Evangelion together into one impressive album that showcases the best original tracks from Shiro Sagisu and the best classical music renditions straight from the movies and TV show, along with a few songs that weren't featured in Evangelion but probably were intended to (Soul's Refrain). Now that it's out of print, if you haven't gotten it yet, track it down at the next con you go to -- you won't regret it.

- Vertical Horizon - Go

Go presented more of the same that Everything You Want did, but taken up to another level. Sunshine and One of You are really great kicking-rock tracks.
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:25 pm

JCD wrote:This thread is seriously lacking electronic stuff
INORITE?

I was also tempted to put Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious on there, but they had some shitty pop songs on there that brought the album down as a whole.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:35 pm

RathiSponge wrote:hehe are you saying that because of the Erasure album SarahtheBoring? :P
Well, Erasure edges out the Scissor Sisters by about half a molecule of testosterone. :P Everybody has to love "Filthy/Gorgeous," but I wouldn't submit anyone to Erasure without prior consent, even the stuff I love.

edit: and yes, of course it fails; it's MY list. By definition it fails. Though I think you can listen to Big Calm and Thunder, Lightning, Strike and still look yourself in the mirror in the morning. Honest.

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:38 pm

Most of mine are greatest hits...

Best of Air Supply - Awesome songs, especially for just mellowing out...

Autumn Thunder - NFL Films music, it's mainly for when I want to be driving and thinking about old football stuff at the same time. Most of it sounds like old time western films music and I love it...

Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill - The first cassette I ever bought and I thought was their best album. Tons of classics on there...

Devo Greatest Hits - For some reason, their quirky style just became addictive. I still have the cassette but bought the CD anyway, just so I could hear some of the cool noises in the backgrounds of their songs...

Erik B and Rakim - Paid in Full - One of the first rap cassettes I bought and wore it out after about a year. Bought the cassette 3 additional times but haven't gotten around to buying the CD quite yet. Lots of classics on there, including one of my favorite instrumentals of all time (Chinese Arithmetic)...

Styx Greatest Hits - Come on, it has Mr Roboto, Babe, Lady, Renegage...lots of great stuff...

Journey Greatest Hits - Too many great songs too leave off the list. I wore out my cassette recently on a road trip, gonna buy the CD soon...

NWA - Straight Outta Compton - Before they all went off on seperate projects, this was by far my favorite rap group.

Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back - This was one of the first albums I listened to and thought more than just cool beats. The lyrics were very powerful, especially back in those days. Chuck D was the man. Fear of a Black Planet, their followup album, would have made it had we had 10 slots...

Return to “General Discussion”