House of Leaves

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:22 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:I suggest We all read a book a discuss it in the Dewelopers Forum Book club.

Suggestion #1 We read The Tetherballs of Bougainville

it is awesome.
I'm sold by the Amazon.Com description, so just mail me a copy and I'll get right on it :wink:

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:49 pm

dokool wrote:
Fall_Child42 wrote:I suggest We all read a book a discuss it in the Dewelopers Forum Book club.

Suggestion #1 We read The Tetherballs of Bougainville

it is awesome.
I'm sold by the Amazon.Com description, so just mail me a copy and I'll get right on it :wink:
Actually i got the hardcover from my local library... I kind of want to read it again.

I own my cousin my gastroenterologist though.

and Et tu babe is just killer.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:55 pm

ayanefan wrote:You know, I've tried reading "Stranger in a strange Land" and couldn't get through it. That Valentine fellow with the kissing scenes turned me off. Who'd want to kiss a Martian?
Bleh. I tried it in a "time to read famous books" spree. I got through it, but I think it's one of those books that was shocking/influential at the time, but didn't age all that well.

Keep meaning to read House of Leaves. I'm turned off by look-at-my-genius preciousness, but I do like attempting to figure things out. Recommendation taken.

All I can recommend is Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, my favoritest book(s) evar for no particular reason. Though most people seem to like his other books more, that's my favorite.

Return to “General Discussion”