House of Leaves

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Postby dokool » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:46 pm

ayanefan wrote:I just though of a great movie though, I'd call it "Gymn'ass-kicks" . Gymnasts by day, crime fighters by night, and love on the ropes (or balance beams).

My luck it's probably been done already. :(


How right you are!
User avatar
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2002
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Ayanefan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:04 am

dokool wrote:How right you are!

LOL!!! I think I remember that VHS box too! Well, at least mine had a more teen-smut oriented title.

You know, I've tried reading "Stranger in a strange Land" and couldn't get through it. That Valentine fellow with the kissing scenes turned me off. Who'd want to kiss a Martian?
Image
Image
User avatar
Ayanefan
 
Joined: 24 Oct 2005

Postby Fall_Child42 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:29 am

I suggest We all read a book a discuss it in the Dewelopers Forum Book club.


Suggestion #1 We read The Tetherballs of Bougainville

it is awesome.
Image
User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
 
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: Jurassic Park
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!

Postby inthesto » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:42 pm

I demand The Princess Bride.

Mostly so I wouldn't have to do any actual reading.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.
User avatar
inthesto
Beef Basket
 
Joined: 13 Mar 2004
Location: PARTIES
Status: PARTIES

Postby Ayanefan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:06 pm

inthesto wrote:I demand The Princess Bride.

Mostly so I wouldn't have to do any actual reading.

If I were a girl I'd squee. Ah, well, what the hell *SQUEEEEEEE* I love that book! There were a few things taken out of the movie that made me dislike the movie after I read the book.

[spoiler]Like the whole maze that Ingo and Vizzini had to escape from that was totally omitted in the book. And the whole "I love you" scenes at the beginning. The book, if I remember right, never has Westley said I love you to Buttercup, just shows it in his eyes and feels it in his heart.[/spoiler]

I swear I'm just a girl sometimes.
Image
Image
User avatar
Ayanefan
 
Joined: 24 Oct 2005

Postby dokool » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:22 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:I suggest We all read a book a discuss it in the Dewelopers Forum Book club.


Suggestion #1 We read The Tetherballs of Bougainville

it is awesome.


I'm sold by the Amazon.Com description, so just mail me a copy and I'll get right on it :wink:
User avatar
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
 
Joined: 31 Jul 2002
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Fall_Child42 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:49 pm

dokool wrote:
Fall_Child42 wrote:I suggest We all read a book a discuss it in the Dewelopers Forum Book club.


Suggestion #1 We read The Tetherballs of Bougainville

it is awesome.


I'm sold by the Amazon.Com description, so just mail me a copy and I'll get right on it :wink:


Actually i got the hardcover from my local library... I kind of want to read it again.

I own my cousin my gastroenterologist though.

and Et tu babe is just killer.
Image
User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
 
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: Jurassic Park
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!

Postby SarahtheBoring » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:55 pm

ayanefan wrote:You know, I've tried reading "Stranger in a strange Land" and couldn't get through it. That Valentine fellow with the kissing scenes turned me off. Who'd want to kiss a Martian?


Bleh. I tried it in a "time to read famous books" spree. I got through it, but I think it's one of those books that was shocking/influential at the time, but didn't age all that well.

Keep meaning to read House of Leaves. I'm turned off by look-at-my-genius preciousness, but I do like attempting to figure things out. Recommendation taken.

All I can recommend is Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, my favoritest book(s) evar for no particular reason. Though most people seem to like his other books more, that's my favorite.
User avatar
SarahtheBoring
 
Joined: 07 Apr 2002
Location: PA, USA

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests