Donators contest

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Donators contest

Post by godix » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:25 am

Since we seem to like our little elitist donator only contests, here's a new one:

Write an article more pretentious than <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... 4146">this post</a>. Post already made do not count so no one is allowed to point to the recent Kio what is art thread. Winner gets absolutely nothing because I'm a cheap ass bastard.

Beowulf
Org Profile

Re: Donators contest

Post by Beowulf » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:09 am

godix wrote:Write an article more pretentious than <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... 4146">this post</a>.
rofl I don't think I can :lol: :lol: :lol:

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:49 am

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:38 am

Er, yeah. My vote goes to requiett.

If anyone tops that, I don't think I'll be able to read it. That one hurt my head and made me smile through the pain and go "huh?" before I even realized it was created for this contest. ^^;

There are way too many big words bouncing around the forum these days.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:11 am

Requiett = Win

I'm not even going to attempt to sound half as arrogant. That first post reallah pissed meh off.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:40 am

holy tl;dr Batman
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:42 am

I posted in Requiett's just to be an ass.

MadScientist
Org Profile

Post by MadScientist » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:04 am

It seems like many scenes have the same problem. People trying to break it down to a certain formula. I quit reading a quarter of the way through the first post. I actually read Requiett's :lol:
*scene specific buzzwords follow
When I was really active in the Drum and Bass (Jungle) scene, as far as composing and DJing, there were always people who criticized my song taste/style because I didn't follow the "formula" that some people thought defined a proper Jungle tune. Also, because I didn't like the ridiculous "clownstep" or the hard-edged "techstep" style that dominated the clubs and chose not to spin that style in my sets, I ultimately did not get much support from promoters. If you are familiar with DJs and what they play, think Dieselboy(techstep), and Andy C or most big name UK jungle DJs(clownstep). The Denver Jungle scene is pretty close minded to anything outside of the techstep and clownstep styles. Many of the DJ friends I had limited their selection of records to those specific styles, only because that is what was expected if they wanted gigs, not necessarily because its what they actually liked. A good friend in the scene finally told me one day, "don't make music for the scene, do what you love and what you feel, and just have fun." I took that advice and just do what I do for fun, and I feel that move really unlocked my ability to be creative in the music I create and mix.
The moral of the story is, I hate when people try to put a formula to something that is creativity based, like AMVs. To me it ultimately closes peoples minds to new and fresh creative concepts. When it becomes too locked down and unaccepting of new things (or things that are too different), I think it can stifle people's creativity. I think any scene that keeps an open mind and is accepting of the cutting edge has greater potential to evolve. I am pretty new to this hobby and am still learning a lot of new things, but I would certainly would be sad if the definition of a good AMV would come down to a formula. Like plenty of people have already said on this board, let's just be creative and have fun doing it.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:08 am

I should have known req could pull this off

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:50 pm

What a shitty contest :?

Return to “General Discussion”