The Twilight Series

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

The Twilight Series

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:52 pm

A new author (at least to me), Stephanie Meyers has written three books (promising a fourth and fifth) that have blown my mind away. They are:

Twilight (The Starting One)
New Moon (The Bawl Your Eyes Out One)
Elipse (The One That Annoys The Crap Out You)

The characters and setting aren't the usual settings of books that I'm interested in, so I was pleasently surprised. I was just wondering if anyone had read these same books. If not, I highly suggest it.

If you want an example, it paralells perfectly with Wuthering Heights by Emile Bronte.

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:18 pm

Hm, i could use a new series to read. I've already read everything by terry brooks, and waiting for his new books to come out is a waste ... maybe this is what i'm looking for.

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:55 am

VAMPIRE ANGST.

They remind me of middle school romances. Not to say they aren't decently written, just don't take them seriously. And that girl is seriously clingy as heck.
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:18 pm

Shazzy wrote:VAMPIRE ANGST.

They remind me of middle school romances. Not to say they aren't decently written, just don't take them seriously. And that girl is seriously clingy as heck.
Thou demeanest meh series! :evil:

But, yah, Bella is way clingy. Like probably the clingyest girl I've ever seen.

Your opinion: Jacob or Edward? I'm seriously thinking Jacob. ^_^

Serv0
Org Profile

Post by Serv0 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:32 pm

Normally I don't read books like this, but my girlfriend suggested this to me and I actually liked it. I do agree that the overall mood of the book is a bit angst and makes little attempt to resolve the teenage drama. But I do like the character relationships going on, especially in Twilight with Bella and Edward.

A little note, there is a movie in development for Twilight. Catherine Hardwicke is scheduled for director, the same person to direct Lords of Dogtown and The Nativity Story. I don't know if Catherine is the right person, although Twilight does kinda fit her style of filmmaking if you can relate the story to Thirteen.
Personally, Hollywood brings ruin to the unique. And besides, I don't think Twilight can be adjusted to the formula of screenplay. After all there's so many details in Twilight that aren't usually expressed in movies.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:41 pm

servo101010 wrote:Normally I don't read books like this, but my girlfriend suggested this to me and I actually liked it. I do agree that the overall mood of the book is a bit angst and makes little attempt to resolve the teenage drama. But I do like the character relationships going on, especially in Twilight with Bella and Edward.

A little note, there is a movie in development for Twilight. Catherine Hardwicke is scheduled for director, the same person to direct Lords of Dogtown and The Nativity Story. I don't know if Catherine is the right person, although Twilight does kinda fit her style of filmmaking if you can relate the story to Thirteen.
Personally, Hollywood brings ruin to the unique. And besides, I don't think Twilight can be adjusted to the formula of screenplay. After all there's so many details in Twilight that aren't usually expressed in movies.

Yah. I knew bout the movie and I'm pissed with the director. :evil:

I just know they're going to turn this into a really crappy movie. X_X

Return to “General Discussion”