Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

New power storage ideas

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:20 pm

Ok, so it seems they've developed paper batteries :O

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articl ... anID=sa001

Mix these with the biological display screens companies like sony are developing and you have cheep animated advertisement posters. Screen resolution? How big is your wall?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Re: New power storage ideas

Post by godix » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:03 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Mix these with the biological display screens companies like sony are developing and you have cheep animated advertisement posters. Screen resolution? How big is your wall?
Not cheap. I didn't read the article you linked to but the one I did read about this a few days ago pointed out that it uses carbon nanotubes which are currently anything but cheap. Plus it's storage is really no better than the fairly cheap battery types we have now. It's probably not going to be all that common but it'd be great for specialized applications. I could see the medical field go wild over this. Make a shirt out of this stuff, stick a few sensors on it and a flashcard to store data and you'd have a way to monitor patients vitals without tying them down to a machine.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: New power storage ideas

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:20 pm

godix wrote:I could see the medical field go wild over this. Make a shirt out of this stuff, stick a few sensors on it and a flashcard to store data and you'd have a way to monitor patients vitals without tying them down to a machine.
You know i never thought of that one, but that would be an amazing use for it.

As for price, that goes down with time and investment in mass-production, especially if it has any sort of benifit over traditional bateries (size, flexibility, how long it holds a charge, aplication-varied voltage, etc.). Battery technology is the key to any modernization of our technological devices as a whole really.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “General Discussion”