Donators forum IC match

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Postby jasper-isis » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:34 pm

Krat #25

... gets my "Pretty colors and explosions and ooooh, I wouldn't mind having some fun with THAT sword" award. >:D


Good job to all the participants. It was fun watching these as they came in (and watching Moonlight Sonata pwn all the other songs in its frequency-of-use).
Image
User avatar
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
 
Joined: 13 Aug 2002
Status: catching all the lights

Postby Ileia » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:41 pm

jasper-isis wrote:Good job to all the participants. It was fun watching these as they came in (and watching Moonlight Sonata pwn all the other songs in its frequency-of-use).


I kept waiting for another Akvarium video (which is, imo, the best song of the choices) and thinking "Damn stupid MOONLIGHT SONATA!!"

Also, this was awesome and fun, and I got a chance to play with some of the hundreds of gigs unused subclips on my harddrive and put them to some use. :D If you're gonna do it again, I'm all over it.
User avatar
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Postby wurpess » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:10 pm

godix wrote:We got ourselves some results. Ileia is winner and wupress is runner up.


:shock: . . . .HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!

I wasn't expecting that. I just thought it would be fun to submit a pseudo depressing Hello Kitty vid. Didn't expect it to get anywhere. Especially after seeing some of the awesome vids that were submitted. (Unless runner up is the code word for "Worst Vid Award" :lol: ) Anyway, thanx! *^_^*

Otohiko wrote:Todd #45

I give you my "When we said you could do anything for this video we didn't actually mean you could do anything, especially NOT A FUCKING PENGUIN PLAYING THE PIANO AWARD? OKAY?!!!!?!?!? Okay. Seriously, what's wrong with you man :o " experimental award.

I was going to put some Badtz Maru in mine. I guess its a good thing I didn't. The judges would have been all penguined out. :uhoh:

jasper-isis wrote:(and watching Moonlight Sonata pwn all the other songs in its frequency-of-use).

Yeah, I was surprised (and depressed) that so many people used it. (Though I'm the only one who used the whole thing. Because I sped it up to 220% so it was a 3 min song. :twisted: Though I was going to use 'What the Fuck Was That?', and I probably should have. But eh.) But very cool. Great job everyone!! This was a lot of fun! *^_^*
ImageImage
User avatar
wurpess
rabid fangirl
 
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Location: The happy place in my head
Status: BLAAAARGH!!!!! -_-

Postby CodeZTM » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:16 pm

Good greif. Just finished watching the majority of the videos, and I'm shocked that Moonlight Sonata got used that much...

I was going to use either True Colors (which I ended up deciding on using after flipping a coin) or WTF Was That (which was going to be a Chrno Crusade Video). Moonlight Sonata ws at the bottom of my list, big time.
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Postby jasper-isis » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:20 pm

Wupress, I don't know what you're talking about. Your entry was EPIC. :lol:

Monkey King + Big Bad Wolf in the same video = total win.
Image
User avatar
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
 
Joined: 13 Aug 2002
Status: catching all the lights

Postby Fall_Child42 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:23 pm

wurpess wrote:I was going to put some Badtz Maru in mine. I guess its a good thing I didn't. The judges would have been all penguined out. :uhoh:


You obviously have the same hello kitty box set i do. :D
Image
User avatar
Fall_Child42
has a rock
 
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Location: Jurassic Park
Status: Veloci-tossin' to the max!

Postby wurpess » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:33 pm

jasper-isis wrote:Wupress, I don't know what you're talking about. Your entry was EPIC. :lol:

Monkey King + Big Bad Wolf in the same video = total win.

lol. Well, I'm glad you liked it. *^_^* I just thought the whole thing would be amusing. But it was very fun to make. I personally liked the Big Bad Wolf stuff too. :D

Yeah, if I did end up using 'WTF Was That', it still would have been with Hello Kitty. I might make that vid anyway. Just because it would be funny.

Fall_Child42 wrote:
wurpess wrote:I was going to put some Badtz Maru in mine. I guess its a good thing I didn't. The judges would have been all penguined out. :uhoh:


You obviously have the same hello kitty box set i do. :D

lol. You mean Hello Kitty Animation Theater? Yep. I also have Disks 1-4 of Hello Kitty and Friends and the Best of Hello Kitty Paradise, but I didn't use them for this. Animation Theater totally pwns Friends and Paradise. :D
ImageImage
User avatar
wurpess
rabid fangirl
 
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Location: The happy place in my head
Status: BLAAAARGH!!!!! -_-

Postby godix » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:00 am

Ileia wrote:I kept waiting for another Akvarium video (which is, imo, the best song of the choices) and thinking "Damn stupid MOONLIGHT SONATA!!"

Actually I expected Akvarium to be the most popular, it was the most universally accessible just because you can ignore the lyrics. The others were included because either I wanted to see a video done to that song or in case someone really wanted to edit a romance or whatever.
If you're gonna do it again, I'm all over it.

I plan on doing another in a few months. After major con season ends and people aren't somewhat burned out on editing.
wurpess wrote:Yeah, if I did end up using 'WTF Was That', it still would have been with Hello Kitty. I might make that vid anyway. Just because it would be funny.

Yes, make it. I included that song because I wanted to see videos to that aren't just pure lipsync.
Image
User avatar
godix
a disturbed member
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2002

Postby JaddziaDax » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:20 am

(I'm not paying attention to who made what)

I really like the Fubura one #20 I'd like to see a more refined version.
whats the anime for #25?

hahah #45 is awesome XD its going on my ipod XD

I'd also like to see where 70 was going to go O:
User avatar
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Location: somewhere i think O.o
Status: I has a TRU Arceus

Postby ngsilver » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:13 am

If only I my fiancee hadn't shown up as soon as I got the reply I could have possibly done something. Though, all the ideas I got were for hentai videos :( I fail. Guess I'll have to take a crack at the next one, whenever it happens.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2003
Location: Detroit area
Status: Calm Your Miniature Colorful Horses

Postby Orwell » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:16 am

JaddziaDax wrote:I'd also like to see where 70 was going to go O:


Everyone shall see. Eventually. When I stop being asleep and lazy enough to finish it. Shall I add you to the list of people to poke with a beta?
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."
User avatar
Orwell
godx, Son of godix
 
Joined: 06 Jan 2004
Location: Frying Pan. Destination: Fire.

Postby Ileia » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:51 am

godix wrote:
Ileia wrote:I kept waiting for another Akvarium video (which is, imo, the best song of the choices) and thinking "Damn stupid MOONLIGHT SONATA!!"

Actually I expected Akvarium to be the most popular, it was the most universally accessible just because you can ignore the lyrics.


But no lyrics has it beat, I suppose :o
User avatar
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Postby guy07 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:25 pm

What? everyone else use moonlight sonata too? -_-;

I should of done my other idea. (Excel saga-WTF was that) But that would of taken too long to lip sych. Anyways, mine was 15 (I even added that one bad effect at the end so you would know :p). It was a quickie, so quick i didn't even bother with using my beloved mp4. I was like "...wmv renders faster." >_< lol
This was almost fun. Good job guys, and congrats ileia and wupress.

If you do this again maybe use music within this decade though. (Not that i didn't enjoy it.)
User avatar
guy07
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Location: T.O.
Status: Back in beard.

Postby JaddziaDax » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Orwell wrote:
JaddziaDax wrote:I'd also like to see where 70 was going to go O:


Everyone shall see. Eventually. When I stop being asleep and lazy enough to finish it. Shall I add you to the list of people to poke with a beta?


sure if you want to O:
User avatar
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Location: somewhere i think O.o
Status: I has a TRU Arceus

Postby Otohiko » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:55 pm

guy07 wrote:If you do this again maybe use music within this decade though. (Not that i didn't enjoy it.)


Um, besides Moonlight Sonata...

Akvarium - Shumelka (2005)
Cyndi Lauper - True Colors (1986)
Evil Dead The Musical - What The Fuck Was That (2007)
Morning Musume - The Manpower (2005)
Toploader - Dancing in the Moonlight (2001)


I see there was a real lack of music from this decade :uhoh:
Otohiko
 
Joined: 05 May 2003

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests