Donators forum IC match

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Postby godix » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:49 pm

It's poll time!

When I started this I totally forgot that it's AWA crunch time. I've had a few people ask if this could be extended a week. Before I make that decision though I wanna know, is there anyone here who is skipping this currently but would DEFINITELY take part if I added another week?
Image
User avatar
godix
a disturbed member
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2002

Postby Topstar_Productions » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:59 pm

Well I ended up being sick and sleeping all day so I didn't have a chance to run down and grab the sources I was going to use... and now it's only about 45 minutes till the cut off for my video so I don't think I can slap together anything half decent in that time.

I do want to make vids with two of the pieces of music though, so oh well.


Sorry everyone.
User avatar
Topstar_Productions
 
Joined: 13 Apr 2007

Postby Kitsuner » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:27 am

godix wrote:It's poll time!

When I started this I totally forgot that it's AWA crunch time. I've had a few people ask if this could be extended a week. Before I make that decision though I wanna know, is there anyone here who is skipping this currently but would DEFINITELY take part if I added another week?

I'd do it. Image
User avatar
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
 
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Status: Top Breeder

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:07 pm

no i think im still being lazy O.o
User avatar
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Location: somewhere i think O.o
Status: I has a TRU Arceus

Postby godix » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:30 pm

Ok, not much interest in extended the deadline I see. So the deadline for selecting tracks is this evening as I originally said. Anyone who was waiting till the last minute to join, well, the last minute is almost here.
Image
User avatar
godix
a disturbed member
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2002

Postby godix » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:32 pm

godix wrote:Ok, not much interest in extended the deadline I see. So the deadline for selecting tracks is this evening as I originally said. Anyone who was waiting till the last minute to join, well, the last minute is almost here.

Oh. Wait. It's weds, not thurs. Hehe. My mistake. Nevermind, deadline to join is TOMORROW night not tonight. Ignore me.
Image
User avatar
godix
a disturbed member
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2002

Postby guy07 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:42 pm

godix wrote: Ignore me.


I can do that. :lol:
User avatar
guy07
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Location: T.O.
Status: Back in beard.

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:07 pm

Apaprently not.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
User avatar
Flint the Dwarf
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2002
Location: Ashland, WI

Postby Ileia » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:51 pm

soooo any updates on this? Was it extended? What's the dealio?
User avatar
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Postby godix » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:03 pm

Judges are judging as we speak. I expect some results fairly soon.
Image
User avatar
godix
a disturbed member
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2002

Postby godix » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:44 pm

We got ourselves some results. Ileia is winner and wupress is runner up. Each judge also has a judges choice and I'll leave that to them to post. The judges were Otohiko, jasper-isis, and quadir.

Entries:
<a href="http://www.umbrellavideo.com/godix/5.avi">krzT</a>
<a href="http://www.umbrellavideo.com/godix/10.mp4">Kitsuner</a>
<a href="http://www.umbrellavideo.com/godix/15.wmv">Guy07</a>
<a href="http://www.umbrellavideo.com/godix/20.avi">chronocode</a>
<a href="http://www.umbrellavideo.com/godix/25.avi">kristyrat</a>
<a href="http://www.umbrellavideo.com/godix/30.mp4">Ileia</a>
<a href="http://www.umbrellavideo.com/godix/35.avi">BunofGovt</a>
<a href="http://www.umbrellavideo.com/godix/45.avi">Fall_child42</a>
<a href="http://www.umbrellavideo.com/godix/50.avi">wupress</a>
<a href="http://www.umbrellavideo.com/godix/65.avi">inthesto</a>
<a href="http://www.umbrellavideo.com/godix/70.avi">orwell</a>
Image
User avatar
godix
a disturbed member
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2002

Postby quadir » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:51 pm

chronocode #20
I give you the "SO SLOW YOU WILL CRY" sentimental award. Good job, some good mood sync with multi layered meanings into the anime, a coherent story profiling 3 different relationship dynamics from the series that each wrap up properly. My only wish from this video IC wise would be for each of the storyline to tie into each other somehow.

Overall quality of all entries was superb for a IC, even of 2 days. Just look at kickass.
User avatar
quadir
I Know Drama
 
Joined: 28 Oct 2001
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Postby CodeZTM » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:55 pm

quadir wrote:chronocode #20
I give you the "SO SLOW YOU WILL CRY" sentimental award. Good job, some good mood sync with multi layered meanings into the anime, a coherent story profiling 3 different relationship dynamics from the series that each wrap up properly. My only wish from this video IC wise would be for each of the storyline to tie into each other somehow.

Overall quality of all entries was superb for a IC, even of 2 days. Just look at kickass.


Thanks. :D Should have thought about wrapping each one of these up.

By the way, out of curiosity, is it ok if I announce the video and catalouge it in the archives here? Didn't know if there was a rule against it or not?
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Postby godix » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:06 pm

CodeChrono wrote:By the way, out of curiosity, is it ok if I announce the video and catalouge it in the archives here? Didn't know if there was a rule against it or not?

It's up to each person if they want to put it on the org or not. It's also up to each person if they want to do further work to it before uploading it or not. I will note than in a week or two I'll pester minion to delete these out of my directory so where they are now is not a permanent link.
Image
User avatar
godix
a disturbed member
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2002

Postby Otohiko » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:13 pm

Todd #45

I give you my "When we said you could do anything for this video we didn't actually mean you could do anything, especially NOT A FUCKING PENGUIN PLAYING THE PIANO AWARD? OKAY?!!!!?!?!? Okay. Seriously, what's wrong with you man :o " experimental award.

This explains everything:
Image

jasper-isis wrote:-10 points for not synching the foot pedals!


an honorable mention to Orwell's #70 for making me really LOL at the end too in this category, I guess
Otohiko
 
Joined: 05 May 2003

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests