Donators forum IC match

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Postby Otohiko » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:23 pm

Ileia wrote:so, I never have two days off in a row...so how 'bout I just make a video in, say, two hours? 48 hours seems like an awfully long Iron Chef....

Noone says you have to use all 48 hours of it, right?

Me and Jasper had about that much for our original IC and I only used about 8-10 of those hours in one sitting :P

I'll have to check my schedule for this one... :roll:
Otohiko

Postby godix » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:12 pm

Ileia wrote:so, I never have two days off in a row...so how 'bout I just make a video in, say, two hours? 48 hours seems like an awfully long Iron Chef....

The 48 hours is a max not what you're forced to do. I know you produce decent videos very quickly compared to, well, just about anyone so if you think two hours is all you need then just use two hours.

The problem with the typical 2 hours is that it often produces videos that has minor mistakes galore and comes to an abrupt stop after 30 seconds because the time limit was up. For example, I remember last years Acen where Nessie won with a theme of revolution. The judges said they voted for her because they could see her video was going somewhere. Which is true but it didn't actually get there because the time limit prevented her from finishing (at the IC at least). So I figured give more time and hopefully the result will be complete videos and an editor can polish it up a little instead of leaving in minor mistakes because of time pressure.

Besides, keeping track of 48 hours by when I send a PM and when the video is uploaded works fine. So someone loses half an hour because they didn't get my PM right away, no big deal. Trying to keep track of many people for just 2 hours where not getting something right away can make a big difference? I ain't even gonna try that.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby Nessephanie » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:49 pm

godix wrote:I remember last years Acen where Nessie won with a theme of revolution. The judges said they voted for her because they could see her video was going somewhere.

You should have stuck to not using an example, cause the one you used is wrong hehe.
They voted for my video because of how I used the secret ingredient in accordance to the theme, Revolution. Not because the vid was going somewhere, because honestly my video wasn't going anywhere haha.
Nessephanie
Cookie Monster

Postby ngsilver » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:12 pm

Nessephanie wrote:Not because the vid was going somewhere, because honestly my video wasn't going anywhere haha.
Not that unlike the other competitor, who was going nowhere fast due to the nature of the 'revolution' ^^

Lens Flare Nipples is still awesome though!
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby guy07 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:43 pm

lens flare nipples ....? :shock:
guy07

Postby BunofGovt » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:51 pm

Ah, I'd like to join in on this. My schedule this week is hell, but I could start Sunday or Monday. Never worked on an IC before.
"Didn't I say something clever earlier?"
"Dunno, I was probably asleep when you said it."
BunofGovt

Postby guy07 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:03 am

Never mind, i'm out. I can't download the zip file, tried 3 times and it just won't go.
guy07

Postby godix » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:09 am

guy07 wrote:Never mind, i'm out. I can't download the zip file, tried 3 times and it just won't go.

I can make it available elsewhere if you need. Although that is odd because I know others have successfully grabbed it before and after you. But whatever, if you want I can senduit or something.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby guy07 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:08 pm

No, it's not a problem on your end, my internet just doesn't want to stay up long enough to finish the download -_-; (dial up, yay).
I'll give it one more try tonight.
guy07

Postby guy07 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:23 pm

WOOT! i finally got that external monitor i was talking about. Man having 2 monitors is so fucking sweet. 8-)

It will be sweeter once i fix the AR problem
: /
guy07

Postby Ileia » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:38 pm

Thanks for sharing, that sure was informative and relevant.
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby guy07 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:42 pm

Glad you think so too.
guy07

Postby krzT » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:04 pm

I'll probably take a stab at this. PM you soon godix.
krzT
I has a title

Postby JaddziaDax » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:20 pm

i think im too lazy to join...
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby guy07 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:21 pm

Don't be lazy people! we only have like 7 vids! we need moar! MOAR I TELL YOU!
guy07

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion