Donators forum IC match

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:34 pm

Krat #25

... gets my "Pretty colors and explosions and ooooh, I wouldn't mind having some fun with THAT sword" award. >:D

Good job to all the participants. It was fun watching these as they came in (and watching Moonlight Sonata pwn all the other songs in its frequency-of-use).

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:41 pm

jasper-isis wrote:Good job to all the participants. It was fun watching these as they came in (and watching Moonlight Sonata pwn all the other songs in its frequency-of-use).
I kept waiting for another Akvarium video (which is, imo, the best song of the choices) and thinking "Damn stupid MOONLIGHT SONATA!!"

Also, this was awesome and fun, and I got a chance to play with some of the hundreds of gigs unused subclips on my harddrive and put them to some use. :D If you're gonna do it again, I'm all over it.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:10 pm

godix wrote:We got ourselves some results. Ileia is winner and wupress is runner up.
:shock: . . . .HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!

I wasn't expecting that. I just thought it would be fun to submit a pseudo depressing Hello Kitty vid. Didn't expect it to get anywhere. Especially after seeing some of the awesome vids that were submitted. (Unless runner up is the code word for "Worst Vid Award" :lol: ) Anyway, thanx! *^_^*
Otohiko wrote:Todd #45

I give you my "When we said you could do anything for this video we didn't actually mean you could do anything, especially NOT A FUCKING PENGUIN PLAYING THE PIANO AWARD? OKAY?!!!!?!?!? Okay. Seriously, what's wrong with you man :o " experimental award.
I was going to put some Badtz Maru in mine. I guess its a good thing I didn't. The judges would have been all penguined out. :uhoh:
jasper-isis wrote:(and watching Moonlight Sonata pwn all the other songs in its frequency-of-use).
Yeah, I was surprised (and depressed) that so many people used it. (Though I'm the only one who used the whole thing. Because I sped it up to 220% so it was a 3 min song. :twisted: Though I was going to use 'What the Fuck Was That?', and I probably should have. But eh.) But very cool. Great job everyone!! This was a lot of fun! *^_^*
ImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:16 pm

Good greif. Just finished watching the majority of the videos, and I'm shocked that Moonlight Sonata got used that much...

I was going to use either True Colors (which I ended up deciding on using after flipping a coin) or WTF Was That (which was going to be a Chrno Crusade Video). Moonlight Sonata ws at the bottom of my list, big time.

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:20 pm

Wupress, I don't know what you're talking about. Your entry was EPIC. :lol:

Monkey King + Big Bad Wolf in the same video = total win.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:23 pm

wurpess wrote: I was going to put some Badtz Maru in mine. I guess its a good thing I didn't. The judges would have been all penguined out. :uhoh:
You obviously have the same hello kitty box set i do. :D

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:33 pm

jasper-isis wrote:Wupress, I don't know what you're talking about. Your entry was EPIC. :lol:

Monkey King + Big Bad Wolf in the same video = total win.
lol. Well, I'm glad you liked it. *^_^* I just thought the whole thing would be amusing. But it was very fun to make. I personally liked the Big Bad Wolf stuff too. :D

Yeah, if I did end up using 'WTF Was That', it still would have been with Hello Kitty. I might make that vid anyway. Just because it would be funny.
Fall_Child42 wrote:
wurpess wrote: I was going to put some Badtz Maru in mine. I guess its a good thing I didn't. The judges would have been all penguined out. :uhoh:
You obviously have the same hello kitty box set i do. :D
lol. You mean Hello Kitty Animation Theater? Yep. I also have Disks 1-4 of Hello Kitty and Friends and the Best of Hello Kitty Paradise, but I didn't use them for this. Animation Theater totally pwns Friends and Paradise. :D
ImageImage

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:00 am

Ileia wrote:I kept waiting for another Akvarium video (which is, imo, the best song of the choices) and thinking "Damn stupid MOONLIGHT SONATA!!"
Actually I expected Akvarium to be the most popular, it was the most universally accessible just because you can ignore the lyrics. The others were included because either I wanted to see a video done to that song or in case someone really wanted to edit a romance or whatever.
If you're gonna do it again, I'm all over it.
I plan on doing another in a few months. After major con season ends and people aren't somewhat burned out on editing.
wurpess wrote:Yeah, if I did end up using 'WTF Was That', it still would have been with Hello Kitty. I might make that vid anyway. Just because it would be funny.
Yes, make it. I included that song because I wanted to see videos to that aren't just pure lipsync.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:20 am

(I'm not paying attention to who made what)

I really like the Fubura one #20 I'd like to see a more refined version.
whats the anime for #25?

hahah #45 is awesome XD its going on my ipod XD

I'd also like to see where 70 was going to go O:

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:13 am

If only I my fiancee hadn't shown up as soon as I got the reply I could have possibly done something. Though, all the ideas I got were for hentai videos :( I fail. Guess I'll have to take a crack at the next one, whenever it happens.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”