Uh....why did I buy this....? o.o

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Postby jasper-isis » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:48 pm

Hot Gimmick manga. Seriously, I think I bought them because of the colorful covers. It's the only anime/manga thing I own(ed) that I ever felt the need to ebay off. :|
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.

Postby guy07 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:29 pm

code_chrono wrote:Oh, and also: Excel Saga
While it always puts a smile on my face, I wonder if it really was worth the money I paid for. Excel's voice actor gives me a huge headache. :?

I paid 150 for my box set -_-;

I hated it at first, but i kind of like it now ...a bit ...at least i haven't sold it yet. : /
guy07

Postby wurpess » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:34 am

Doki Doki School Hours.

I generally like school comedies. Which it was on that premise I decided to get that one. (Was going to buy it in the Geneon/RightStuf sale, but they didn't have 2 disks of it, so I bought the box set on Overstock.) I'm not done watching it yet, but I already wish I didn't buy it. Even if it was cheaper than everywhere else. :? I'm going to decide the fate of it when I'm done watching it.
ImageImage
wurpess
rabid fangirl

Postby Ileia » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:53 am

wurpess wrote:Doki Doki School Hours.

I generally like school comedies. Which it was on that premise I decided to get that one. (Was going to buy it in the Geneon/RightStuf sale, but they didn't have 2 disks of it, so I bought the box set on Overstock.) I'm not done watching it yet, but I already wish I didn't buy it. Even if it was cheaper than everywhere else. :? I'm going to decide the fate of it when I'm done watching it.

That one's misleading, because usually anything with "doki doki" on it is win.
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby AquaSky » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:11 am

Chance Pop Session. Got all the DVDs for cheap from one of the ADV sales, but it wasn't even worth that. The pace was slooooooow and the plot really wasn't that interesting. The folks who made that need to take a good look at how shows like Kaleido Star and Full Moon wo Sagashite are done, then try again.
AquaSky
Master of Science

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:19 am

i found the first disc of Chance Pop Session at blockbuster for like $4 - ive yet to get the rest of it :/
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby ReligionX » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:22 am

Bought all of Gundam Wing at $30.00 per DVD. I didn't know any better.

I bought all of Rurouni Kenshin at $30.00 per DVD. I stopped buying it after the Shishio arc.

I gave away both series as gifts. I kind of wish that I didn't. There was a phase I was going through were I was trying to get out of anime. It didn't last very long.

Then they turn around and release boxed sets of both series at a fraction of the cost, but several months later. It's never a good idea to buy anime at retail stores as they are released. I now buy everything on the internet, or on the discount rack.

The biggest sack of waste of my money was the Nuku Nuku TV series boxed set. I think I paid about $20.00 for it, and I can't even finish it. I'd rather watch Tenchi in Tokyo. I'd rather watch Crystal Triangle. Nuku Nuku TV is just really, really low grade material.
ReligionX

Postby SQ » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:39 am

RAYEARTH.

I had the X/1999 DVD, and as was my style, I watch the trailers for things. The Rayearth movie trailer looked terribly interesting, so interesting that I just had ot og out and find it.

Apparently no store in the world had it. In fact, I forget how I finally wound up with the DVD, but I should've taken the whole "It's really incredibly hard to find" thing as a little hint that the movie sucked a big one.

The same thing happened with Street Gighter ALpha movie, but that movie at least didn't suck as much as Rayearth.
-SQ™
Changes are good. Wait until you've seen mine.
Latest video - Family (Oct 3, 2013)
SQ
Doesn't have a title

Postby JaddziaDax » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:51 am

i find im most irritable when i buy a series i want/like only to find out that a couple months later they decide to release the boxed set... and i got all the individual dvds :/
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby ReligionX » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:50 am

SQ wrote:The same thing happened with Street Gighter ALpha movie, but that movie at least didn't suck as much as Rayearth.

For some reason, I keep typing "G" instead of "F" today. I'm off my keys too. It must be something in the air.

I'd totally trade you for your Rayearth OVAs and X/1999 movie if you've got them on DVD. I've got the Nuku Nuku TV series on DVD. It's so bad, it's a conversation piece (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).
ReligionX

Postby Sereenie » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:58 pm

Mahou Tsukai Tai's boxed set. I first watched it as a fansub in the late 90s and really enjoyed the nonsensicalness of it all, so when the box was announced, I ordered it. Got a decent deal on it too. But when I started re-watching it, I couldn't get past the first disc...

S.
Sereenie

Postby Kitsuner » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:42 pm

Ileia wrote:
wurpess wrote:Doki Doki School Hours.

That one's misleading, because usually anything with "doki doki" on it is win.

Funny story about that; a few years ago at SacAnime, I bought Doki Doki School Hours because I thought that was where dokidoki got his username. Image
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby J-0080 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:50 pm

So far the only thing that's made me sad for buying it was the Crest of the Stars box set. I got it from Best Buy during an anime buying spree for 35-40 dollars. It was the last thing out of the bunch that I watched (read: forced myself to view because I spent that much money on it) so it was too late to take it back once I found out how bad it was.

The special edition Aquarian Age movie was pretty lackluster too, though I got that one on sale at least.
paizuri wrote:There's also no need for introductions because we're generally a friendly bunch and will welcome you with wide open arms anyway.
:lol:
J-0080

Postby Kitsuner » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:32 pm

I bought Rayearth 2 for $48 a year or so back. Earlier this year I saw a pack with both seasons for $35. >_<
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby dokidoki » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:49 pm

Ileia wrote:That one's misleading, because usually anything with "doki doki" on it is win.

Everyone's taking the name. :evil:
(though Doki Doki Panic came before)

Kitsuner wrote:Funny story about that; a few years ago at SacAnime, I bought Doki Doki School Hours because I thought that was where dokidoki got his username. Image

It's just onomatopoeia. I used the name long before that existed. Image
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki
Free games! (some left) // "Anybody want a pizza roll?"
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion