Uh....why did I buy this....? o.o

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:48 pm

Hot Gimmick manga. Seriously, I think I bought them because of the colorful covers. It's the only anime/manga thing I own(ed) that I ever felt the need to ebay off. :|

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:29 pm

code_chrono wrote: Oh, and also: Excel Saga
While it always puts a smile on my face, I wonder if it really was worth the money I paid for. Excel's voice actor gives me a huge headache. :?
I paid 150 for my box set -_-;

I hated it at first, but i kind of like it now ...a bit ...at least i haven't sold it yet. : /

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:34 am

Doki Doki School Hours.

I generally like school comedies. Which it was on that premise I decided to get that one. (Was going to buy it in the Geneon/RightStuf sale, but they didn't have 2 disks of it, so I bought the box set on Overstock.) I'm not done watching it yet, but I already wish I didn't buy it. Even if it was cheaper than everywhere else. :? I'm going to decide the fate of it when I'm done watching it.
ImageImage

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:53 am

wurpess wrote:Doki Doki School Hours.

I generally like school comedies. Which it was on that premise I decided to get that one. (Was going to buy it in the Geneon/RightStuf sale, but they didn't have 2 disks of it, so I bought the box set on Overstock.) I'm not done watching it yet, but I already wish I didn't buy it. Even if it was cheaper than everywhere else. :? I'm going to decide the fate of it when I'm done watching it.
That one's misleading, because usually anything with "doki doki" on it is win.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:11 am

Chance Pop Session. Got all the DVDs for cheap from one of the ADV sales, but it wasn't even worth that. The pace was slooooooow and the plot really wasn't that interesting. The folks who made that need to take a good look at how shows like Kaleido Star and Full Moon wo Sagashite are done, then try again.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:19 am

i found the first disc of Chance Pop Session at blockbuster for like $4 - ive yet to get the rest of it :/

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:22 am

Bought all of Gundam Wing at $30.00 per DVD. I didn't know any better.

I bought all of Rurouni Kenshin at $30.00 per DVD. I stopped buying it after the Shishio arc.

I gave away both series as gifts. I kind of wish that I didn't. There was a phase I was going through were I was trying to get out of anime. It didn't last very long.

Then they turn around and release boxed sets of both series at a fraction of the cost, but several months later. It's never a good idea to buy anime at retail stores as they are released. I now buy everything on the internet, or on the discount rack.

The biggest sack of waste of my money was the Nuku Nuku TV series boxed set. I think I paid about $20.00 for it, and I can't even finish it. I'd rather watch Tenchi in Tokyo. I'd rather watch Crystal Triangle. Nuku Nuku TV is just really, really low grade material.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:39 am

RAYEARTH.

I had the X/1999 DVD, and as was my style, I watch the trailers for things. The Rayearth movie trailer looked terribly interesting, so interesting that I just had ot og out and find it.

Apparently no store in the world had it. In fact, I forget how I finally wound up with the DVD, but I should've taken the whole "It's really incredibly hard to find" thing as a little hint that the movie sucked a big one.

The same thing happened with Street Gighter ALpha movie, but that movie at least didn't suck as much as Rayearth.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:51 am

i find im most irritable when i buy a series i want/like only to find out that a couple months later they decide to release the boxed set... and i got all the individual dvds :/

ReligionX
Org Profile

Post by ReligionX » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:50 am

SQ wrote:The same thing happened with Street Gighter ALpha movie, but that movie at least didn't suck as much as Rayearth.
For some reason, I keep typing "G" instead of "F" today. I'm off my keys too. It must be something in the air.

I'd totally trade you for your Rayearth OVAs and X/1999 movie if you've got them on DVD. I've got the Nuku Nuku TV series on DVD. It's so bad, it's a conversation piece (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

Return to “General Discussion”