grieving

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Postby EvaFan » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:19 am

A weird strain runs through my family. My dads first child died in its sleep 3 months old. Biopsy showed no results. He was a total reck, went insane and tore some walls apart in his apartment. Divorced joined the military and met my mom...

My uncle lost his second child the same way. I'm scared to have any. I don't know if I could handle it. I'd probably end up doing what my dad did.

The doctors think their hearts just stopped beating.

Other then that I cry at most funerals for people in my family, but its usually cause everyone around me is and its hard not to when your surrounded by everyone else crying. Seeing them cry brings up those fond memories to make it worse.

I cried the most I have ever cried at at my uncle's kids funeral, he's my favorite uncle and I had to support him the only way I could :/. I remember hugging him and he was crying over me. Most painful funeral I ever attended.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson
EvaFan

Postby guy07 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:48 am

JaddziaDax wrote:the only way you will be stuck in a depression for 10 years is if you allow yourself to be stuck in it...

Well said. :up:
guy07

Postby DTJB » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:44 am

I think the most I have ever grieved was for my mother's dad when I was younger. I never wanted it to happen and once it had, I just wept so much when I heard the news. Since then I've learned to deal with loss. When I found out my father's dad was ill, I instantaneously accepted the fact that he would pass on soon. When his time came up, it was so easy for me to deal with. It wasn't that I was totally unemotional about it; I had just prepared myself for the inevitable. Same thing with an uncle of mine. A few months ago he had a tumor on his lung. The doctors tried to take care of him with chemotherapy, but he never recovered. While I didn't really grieve for him either, seeing him in the hospice hit me really hard (seeing a man at the age of 60 look like he was 87 will do that to you).

Even though I'm able to handle death now, I wonder how I'll react when one of my parents or a close friend goes.
College is Kicking My Butt
M.E.B. Feb. 23 '51 - Aug. 3 '08
You will be missed.
See you around, Space Cowboy.
DTJB

Previous

Return to General Discussion