Your (own) favorite rejected/unworthy banners?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:09 pm

the "night/earley morning crowd" is tougher critics of banners than the "after school crowd"

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:27 pm

JudgeHolden wrote:I voted for that too ... You fucking bastards! You wouldn't know a good banner if it fucked you in the ass and gave you a gentle kiss on the forehead after. :shock: :P
You show me a banner that can give me anal sex and I'll show you a banner I voted worthy on. Until then, we have over 3000 banners. One has to literally make me LOL before I'll vote for it. Except for the occasionally banner that got through DESPITE it's message. I was kinda disappointed someone caught on and yanked the 'this logo sucks' banner that slipped in.

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:36 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:Image

awww only 84 votes and i really liked it too O:
I'm sorry Katie, but I didn't vote for it. But I can be really harsh and anal when it comes to technical aspects on banners. :P(which I guess, in turn, I shouldn't get upset when people get overly anal about technical aspects of AMVs. :uhoh: lol.) But the most visible part of the cats head on the right didn't get erased correctly and isn't completely round. And the left side is all shaded, 3-d pretty, while the unround right side looks flat, which makes the line between the purple and black look kinda odd. Like there wasn't enough of a divide like there would be if the 3-d-ness/outer border was carried over to that side. And that all kinda annoyed me for some reason, which is why I didn't vote for it. And something about the shades of purple. I'm sorry. Like I said, I can be overly anal sometimes. :oops: But other than that, I loved it. :D
JaddziaDax wrote:the "night/earley morning crowd" is tougher critics of banners than the "after school crowd"
I have to agree. Of course, I'm also usually a night/early morning voter. O.o Though in my defense, I actually make banners, so I know what goes into it, which is why I can be kinda harsh sometimes.
ImageImage

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:39 pm

i see you typing but i didnt read it :roll:
i wasnt looking for a critique d:

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:43 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:i see you typing but i didnt read it :roll:
i wasnt looking for a critique d:
I know, but I gave one anyway. :P Blame diarrhea of the fingers. (Because for some reason, they thought I should state my opinion and back it up with reasons rather than mentally saying 'nope' and moving on like I normally do in these situations. :P)
ImageImage

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:46 pm

well i figure that people vote worthy cause they like it
or unworthy cause they dont like it... (for whatever reasons, people have a right to not like the things i do like)

its not like a 1-10 scoring of an opinion on a video... to me that deserves more explination of "i like it" or "i dont like it" which is why i will explain the scores..

i have my reasons for voting "no" on alot of "good" banners too...
but to me its not that important to critique

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:37 pm

Okay, what's wrong with this one? It's the right size, it's the right resolution, it has the pretty girls doing artsy things, it has the ZOMG flowery word, it has the new logo, and the website address... How on earth did this get rejected?
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:50 pm

Kionon wrote:Image

Okay, what's wrong with this one? It's the right size, it's the right resolution, it has the pretty girls doing artsy things, it has the ZOMG flowery word, it has the new logo, and the website address... How on earth did this get rejected?
They send out an email saying why usually. If I had to guess I'd say that 'animemusicvideos.org' is unreadable.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:58 pm

godix wrote:
Kionon wrote:Image

They send out an email saying why usually. If I had to guess I'd say that 'animemusicvideos.org' is unreadable.
Well, I fixed it, let's see if it goes through. I'm testing a theory here, since I think I made a stereotypical banner...
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:19 am

I made two banners once. Oh, wow, did they ever suck. I'd post them but I prefer to pretend they never existed. ^_^

I vote yes for any banner that doesn't have a pretty girl on it. If the cutsey little animal-thingy looks female, I unworthy it, too. I doubt my worthy vote helps the very rare male anime character banners, but I like to pretend maybe my participation will mean one fewer pretty girl banners at the end of the day. Most of them are very pretty and look difficult to make, but honestly - I don't like seeing them at the top of the page all the time. I can refresh the main page for an hour straight without running into a single non-prettygirl or pretty-female-animal-chibi-thingy banner. It's very depressing because loli just doesn't do anything for me. If I want to see toddlers, I've got a 3yr old niece who's kinda cute when she's not being annoying, and a 7yr old niece who's 'okay looking' if you like anorexic prepubescents. I don't enjoy looking at them all the time, either.

I break my own rule once in a while for CCS and SM banners, or banners where the pretty girl is an actual anime character. I feel dirty afterward, but I am an anime fan and anime characters promote amvs, so...I vote them worthy when I'm sure no one's looking. :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”