has the org become female?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:53 pm

BlaCk_PeArL_27 wrote:As of speaking "generalization" don't ever think that I'm GUY :roll:

Oh, god, not this again.

Look, the link to your profile is <i>this:</i>
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... _id=785079

The link in Godix's sig is:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... enfrompyle

Tell me what's wrong with that URL. :?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:54 pm

BlaCk_PeArL_27 wrote:As of speaking "generalization" don't ever think that I'm GUY :roll:
Ack. That's a fake link - a joke - if you click on it, it takes you to your profile. If I click on that link, it takes me to my profile. That isn't aimed at you in particular. ^^;;

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:08 pm

Scintilla wrote:
wurpess wrote:And a lot of the top 25 is made up of girls. And I think a lot of the banner voters are female if this banner of mine got worthy. :P

I'm surprised that even got approved, considering that the site URL is well nigh illegible.
Maybe it was a comparative since I forgot to put the URL on the 1st time around. :P But usually if they can tell that it is the url and that it is spelled correctly, 9 times out of 10, they'll approve it.
ImageImage

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:54 pm

Arigatomina wrote:
wurpess wrote:But I do agree, I think a lot of the outward female activity is done by a small handful.
I think a lot of the outward male activity is done by a small handful, too.
They still win the vcas.
>.<
Every. Single. Year.
Well of course men do. Now if there was a DECENT female editor around.....

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:15 pm

Arigatomina wrote:
Shazzy wrote:Flint, Otohiko, Beowulf, Warheart, Vlad, Fallchild, Jasper, Corran, Tono_fyr, ngsilver, madbunny, chameleon, gox777, downwithpants, dwchang, anubisx, gloryquestor, kusoyaro, Scintilla, dokool, tsunamijones, chode_chrono, bakadeshi, JCD, kitsuner, oldwrench, mexicanjunior, krisqo
Uh-oh. I thought four of those names were girls. I'm not gonna say which ones. o.o;
I'm gonna say it was Me, Scintilla, and uhh, Jasper(in which case you were correct with jasper)

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:24 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:I'm gonna say it was Me, Scintilla, and uhh, Jasper(in which case you were correct with jasper)
I actually had you and Scintilla pegged as guys. Jasper was one of them - I was sure of her. The other three...heh, I was wrong about. ^^;

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:47 am

I'd hazard to guess that the AMV community is becoming more female than it has been in the past, but that's only because the anime community itself is more female. I think I recall a report about a year or two ago at some convention that back in the 90s, the demographic was a 20 year old male (not even teen, they didn't have the time, the resources, or the money to get anime; it was mostly college kids with clubs and fansubs, originally interested because of action shows), but now the demographic is a 15 year old female (precisely for the opposite reasons; ease of access, plus the wide range of shoujo).

I tend to believe the AMV community is moving in the same direction. I still think that the AMV community is male dominated; after all most of the male editors from the late 90s really haven't retired, and they set the pace.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:28 am

Kionon wrote:...but now the demographic is a 15 year old female (precisely for the opposite reasons; ease of access, plus the wide range of shoujo).
That would explain a lot. Especially about the recent changes in the fanfic communities. That's the only 'female run' aspect of anime I'm familiar with. I guess I assume since amvs require equipment while fanfics require nothing but internet access, it would still be a lot harder to pick up the latter. I forget no one's on dialup anymore. It really explains why there are so many girls in the wmm help section this year. ^^;
I still think that the AMV community is male dominated; after all most of the male editors from the late 90s really haven't retired, and they set the pace.
It's too easy to forget how old some of the guys are here. Some of them were making amvs before I discovered anime (1999). That's just sad. ;p

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:07 am

you dont even need internet to create fanfic... O.O you dont even need a computer, all you need is a pencil some ideas and a notebook/paper @_@

(at one time i thought i was a writer, turns out im not)

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:49 am

JaddziaDax wrote:you dont even need internet to create fanfic... O.O you dont even need a computer, all you need is a pencil some ideas and a notebook/paper @_@
Yeah, but it doesn't really count if you can't pimp it online for reviews. :P
I think ficwriters are a thousand times more greedy than amvers (on the org) when it comes to expecting insta-positive feedback. I've yet to see an editor submit part of his vid and hold the rest hostage until he got a certain number of reviews. That sort of thing is getting really common with fanfics.

Return to “General Discussion”