Gotta Boogie

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Gotta Boogie

Postby Kitsuner » Tue May 22, 2007 12:28 am

Alright, so I understand that the whole picking-one's-nose thing is considered rude and gross and all that, but if that's so, what do polite people do when their boogers start bugging them? Just try to ignore it for hours on end? Or is there some nice way of emptying one's nasal passages?

Discuss.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby Otohiko » Tue May 22, 2007 1:00 am

I agree. This is a serious issue that has always concerned me.

No, seriously. I tend to err on the wrong side of this, usually, but mostly because I'm not paying attention. Which kinda makes me feel bad, having brought up with obvious guidance towards good manners etc. Unfortunately, I'm the stereotypical guy when it comes to these things if I start spacing out. I'll pick my nose, scratch my head and other places, slouch, sit cross-legged and/or in an excessively reclined position, and otherwise engage in uncouth public behaviour.
Hey, at least I don't bite my nails. Or chew on pens. :roll:
Otohiko

Postby wurpess » Tue May 22, 2007 1:25 am

Always carry a tissue, keep themselves always stoned on allergy meds so they don't have any, or pick them in private when no one is looking. . . but make sure to dispose of the booger properly and wash their hands afterwards. I don't know. Just a few guesses.

Otohiko wrote:No, seriously. I tend to err on the wrong side of this, usually, but mostly because I'm not paying attention. Which kinda makes me feel bad, having brought up with obvious guidance towards good manners etc. Unfortunately, I'm the stereotypical guy when it comes to these things if I start spacing out. I'll pick my nose, scratch my head and other places, slouch, sit cross-legged and/or in an excessively reclined position, and otherwise engage in uncouth public behaviour.
Hey, at least I don't bite my nails. Or chew on pens. :roll:

I bite my nails and chew on pens. . .though I usually only bite my nails when I'm stressed and I only chew on pens that are mine. :shock:
ImageImage
wurpess
rabid fangirl

Re: Gotta Boogie

Postby Jnzk » Tue May 22, 2007 1:29 am

Kitsuner wrote:Alright, so I understand that the whole picking-one's-nose thing is considered rude and gross and all that...

It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it. Good manners are overrated anyway.
Jnzk
Artsy Bastid

Postby Kitsuner » Tue May 22, 2007 1:36 am

wurpess wrote:Always carry a tissue

Oh yeah, that's another problem I have; I've never been much good at blowing my nose. Any suggestions on how to get the most out of my tissued adventures?
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby Nessephanie » Tue May 22, 2007 1:53 am

Polite people excuse themselves to the restroom and go blow their nose. sheesh, it's not rocked science. :P

Nose blowing tip: Plug one nostril while you blow, repeat with other side.
Nessephanie
Cookie Monster

Postby Ileia » Tue May 22, 2007 1:57 am

This thread is what we paid for, people. THIS IS WHAT WE PAID FOR.
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby wurpess » Tue May 22, 2007 2:13 am

Ileia wrote:This thread is what we paid for, people. THIS IS WHAT WE PAID FOR.

Well, who wouldn't pay $12+ to talk about boogers on an AMV forum? :roll:
ImageImage
wurpess
rabid fangirl

Postby godix » Tue May 22, 2007 2:40 am

Speak for yourself, I didn't pay a god damned thing. I snuck in through the back exit.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby godix » Tue May 22, 2007 2:42 am

Oh, and to answer the question, I hold one nostril shut while blow hard enough to make it hit the person who looks most likely to be offended. This way there's still the other nostril so if my aim is a little off I have a second chance to correct it.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby Ileia » Tue May 22, 2007 3:03 am

wurpess wrote:

Well, who wouldn't pay $12+ to talk about boogers on an AMV forum? :roll:

Todd
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby Orwell » Tue May 22, 2007 5:31 am

godix wrote:Oh, and to answer the question, I hold one nostril shut while blow hard enough to make it hit the person who looks most likely to be offended. This way there's still the other nostril so if my aim is a little off I have a second chance to correct it.

Startle 'em with the first shot so you can aim with the second.

I like to chew on something... be it sunflower seeds, pens, random small pieces of plastic. Some pencils are good too. Or else I scratch or find some other way to fidget.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."
Orwell
godx, Son of godix

Postby downwithpants » Tue May 22, 2007 11:40 am

yeah, excusing yourself to the bathroom and holding down one nostril while exhaling forcefully out the other.

i bite my nails (although less so now in public) and chew pens, even other peoples' (not intentionally, but out of habit). i'm stuck in the freudian oral stage i guess.

how about farts? if one sneaks up on you before you can catch it, do you try to hide it? distract people from it?

i've found that walking around a little dissipates the smell a bit as it wafts out your butt, although the concentration is still high where you first left it.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>
downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person

Postby guy07 » Tue May 22, 2007 11:47 am

FINALLY! A topic i can talk about, lol.

Am i crazy, it is strange that we consider bodily functions, the one thing we can't control, rude? Crazy ass people.

:cry: I'm so glad i donated.
guy07

Postby DTJB » Thu May 24, 2007 4:12 am

I'm just not very classy, I try to sneak a pick if I think no one is looking. I'd carry a tissue in my pocket, but those things can collect pocket lint pretty easily. Handkerchiefs are alright, but after repeated use you have one covered in snot sitting in your pocket. Yuck.

godix wrote:Speak for yourself, I didn't pay a god damned thing. I snuck in through the back exit.

:shock: HUH?
College is Kicking My Butt
M.E.B. Feb. 23 '51 - Aug. 3 '08
You will be missed.
See you around, Space Cowboy.
DTJB

Return to General Discussion