Spider Man 3

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Spider Man 3

Postby guy07 » Mon May 07, 2007 1:37 pm

... I'm not sure i want to talk about it, personally i thought there were some really good elements and CG mixed with really bad acting and writing. I mean, he WANTED to have emo hair and act like a big shot at the same time? That made no sense. And that whole part was fail.
The only cool parts were the scenes with Harry in them. He made it almost worth watching. His flying board thingy was like 100X cooler then his dads, and he had a plasma swors, that was cool. Also, the fight scenes with him in them seemed a lot better.
The worst part is this movie broke all sorts of records when it came out, i'm guessing there's a lot of people who want their ticket money back.

thoughts?
guy07

Postby SilversLightning » Mon May 07, 2007 3:57 pm

I think they crammed too much in the time allotted and it was still a 2 and a half hour long movie. Either make it longer (which would've been unbearable) or just concentrate on ONE PLOT. There were too many things going on in the movie and it's easy to get lost. Like have Sandman or Venom have a separate movie instead of being lumped together.

and yesh that 'haircut' didn't make him cool...and neither did him attempting to dance >.< His big shot attitude wasn't very convincing and even the special effects were shaky and spazy in a lot of the parts.

the movie wasn't complete crap but it wasn't super special awesome either. still better than the crap that they've been trying to force feed down the movie consumers lately. I give it a 3/5 :/
SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl

Postby Orwell » Mon May 07, 2007 4:13 pm

That 'just been raped' emotion about sums up my thoughts on spider man.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."
Orwell
godx, Son of godix

Postby mexicanjunior » Mon May 07, 2007 4:31 pm

I thought it was the best of the 3 Spiderman movies, I was actually not bored watching one of these for the first time...
mexicanjunior

Postby Zarxrax » Mon May 07, 2007 4:42 pm

One of my friends who went with me said he thought it was the best one so far too, I disagree though. I thought it was still pretty good though, I loved the special effects. The acting and storyline were lacking though.
Zarxrax

Postby Tsunami Jones » Mon May 07, 2007 7:06 pm

I enjoyed it, except for what's basically already been mentioned (that it was moderately bloated, etc.)

I was horribly disappointed that they didn't kill Mary Jane :P
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.

Postby guy07 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:27 am

that would of been cool, lol, if the car fell and they didn't reach her in time ... then it would of been a good movie 8-)
guy07

Postby SilversLightning » Tue May 08, 2007 10:35 am

I know MJ should've died five times in that part and never did :/ booo....
but I guess the film people want Spidey to actually marry her :roll:
SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl

Postby Kitsuner » Tue May 08, 2007 12:34 pm

DivineQueenYeiweh wrote:I know MJ should've died five times in that part and never did :/ booo....

Yeiweh haet mexicanjunior :(
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness

Postby dwchang » Tue May 08, 2007 1:05 pm

You mean Spectacular Spiderman Issue 200, the Movie?

Overall I enjoyed it since it resolved the main plot point common in all three movies (Harry/Peter), but like everyone, thought it was way too bloated. You could've cut Gwen Stacy and Venom from the movie entirely and it would've been the same plot, and better.

The second is still the best one though.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space
dwchang
Sad Boy on Site

Postby SilversLightning » Tue May 08, 2007 2:33 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
DivineQueenYeiweh wrote:I know MJ should've died five times in that part and never did :/ booo....

Yeiweh haet mexicanjunior :(

cheeky bugger :roll:
SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl

Postby CodeZTM » Tue May 08, 2007 6:06 pm

Tsunami Jones wrote:
I was horribly disappointed that they didn't kill Mary Jane :P

You too?! Overall, I think #2 was the best, and 3 had way too much stuff in it. But, for a nice triqual (not sequal), it did moterately impress me. Overall, a 3/5....
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Orwell » Thu May 10, 2007 4:27 pm

As I was cleaning off my desktop, I found this spiderman video by otakuvengeance.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."
Orwell
godx, Son of godix

Postby godix » Fri May 11, 2007 5:04 am

The movie was to emotional subtlety as bukkake is to tasteful romance. I'm surprised the director managed to restrain himself from putting in subtitles saying 'in this scene Peter is a cocky bastard' or 'Peter is sad that his friend just croaked' don't worry about this spoiling you, if you didn't see it coming fro before spiderman 1 ended then you're a fucking retard who's probably too stupid to be literate enough to understand what I just wrote. Although, thinking about it, I suppose the news announcer saying how brutally spiderman was getting beaten like we didn't see him getting punched 40 or 50 times comes really close to the subtitle idea. I strongly suspect that in an effort to make things so obvious that even Terri Schiavo's braindead corpse knows what's going on they'll name Spiderman 4 "Peter wants to fuck Mary Janes brains out".

I don't know what it is about superheros that makes Hollywood insane but they just can't seem to leave a decent first movie alone. Superman, Batman, Spiderman, it's like directors are in a contest to see who can make the most worthless piece of shit sequel.
godix
a disturbed member

Postby badmartialarts » Sat May 12, 2007 8:03 am

If there is a good, decent bone left in Sam Raimi's body, there will be Mysterio in the next Spiderman movie. Played by Bruce Campbell. Because Mysterio actually has a...BACKSTORY! As opposed to the Sandman...come on. They barely touched on the fact that his daughter was dying which was the Sandman's ONLY motivation in the comics for like forever. They didn't get into the fact that Eddie Brock was a guy with total anger-management issues. They spent way too much time on the romance angle and forgot that this is a superhero movie. :/

Mr. Raimi, stick to what you know...over-the-top action scenes and funny one-liners...please...
Life's short.
eBayhard.
badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist

Next

Return to General Discussion