My Trip

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

My Trip

Post by CodeZTM » Thu May 03, 2007 11:12 am

Wow. Just got back from Washington D.C. It was the most gorgeous city I have ever been in. It was so clean, and Historical. I'll post pictures when my film comes back in.

Have ya'll ever been on a trip that just makes you go wow?

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Thu May 03, 2007 11:13 am

for some reason, i was expecting something else.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Re: My Trip

Post by Fall_Child42 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:24 am

code_chrono wrote:Wow. Just got back from Washington D.C. It was the most gorgeous city I have ever been in. It was so clean, and Historical. I'll post pictures when my film comes back in.

Have ya'll ever been on a trip that just makes you go wow?
Wait what?

Doesnt D.C. have one of the highest rates of Homicide and homelessness in the entire united states?

“Outside of the killings, [Washington] has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.” — Marion Barry, Mayor of Washington, D.C.

I lold

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines01/0216-01.htm

Obviously you didn't walk around very much...

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu May 03, 2007 12:18 pm

St. Petersburg, Russia has a homicide rate that puts Washington to shame, and yet *ahem*. (that should also answer Chrono's question about 'awesome trip')

I mean, it's a pretty stupid thing to say. You just have to learn a few basic rules of being out on the street and keep cautious. I've honestly grown up in one of the un-safest cities in the world, and never felt scared to go out on the street (in fact I spent most of my time there - both when I grew up there and when I visited - out on the streets). Did a calculation once - the homicide rate in St. Petersburg is almost exactly 100 times higher than the average homicide rate in Canada.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu May 03, 2007 12:24 pm

New Orleans was rather neat for me... and San Fransisco is one of my favorite places to go :)

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Thu May 03, 2007 1:35 pm

I've been to DC before. The government section of it is very nice looking. I didn't see much of it though, I was only there for a few hours as a layover on a train trip. I had just enough time to walk from the train station to the front of the white house, flip it off, walk to congress, flip it off, then walk back to the train station and catch my connection. Someday I'd kinda like to go back, I just didn't have enough time to flip off SCOTUS or most of the various government agencies in the area.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Thu May 03, 2007 2:41 pm

Otohiko wrote:St. Petersburg, Russia has a homicide rate that puts Washington to shame, and yet *ahem*. (that should also answer Chrono's question about 'awesome trip')

I mean, it's a pretty stupid thing to say. You just have to learn a few basic rules of being out on the street and keep cautious. I've honestly grown up in one of the un-safest cities in the world, and never felt scared to go out on the street (in fact I spent most of my time there - both when I grew up there and when I visited - out on the streets). Did a calculation once - the homicide rate in St. Petersburg is almost exactly 100 times higher than the average homicide rate in Canada.
I did just say that as My Trip down there was VERY structured, and they warned us several times not to go Away from the specified tour areas. for these specific reasons.
Now I'm not saying it wasn't an awesome trip, Just that I doubt the City is "clean" hell you can have awesome trips in slums and violent areas this I'm not denying. Only that usually in order for a city itself to be clean It usually is a much safer area with less overt poverty.
Much like when one would travel to cuba, they would have a false impression from only staying in the resort areas.

P.S. What is the murder rate in St.Petersburg? Washington D.C. is sitting at 69.3 per 100,000 I had a quick Check for St. Petersburg but I couldn't find anything ... I'm really curious now...

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Thu May 03, 2007 3:06 pm

Otohiko wrote: St. Petersburg is almost exactly 100 times higher than the average homicide rate in Canada.
What chu talkin bout? People don't die in Canada. We are immortal until we cross the boarder.
I'v been to a number of canadian cities, Vancouver, Victoria, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottwa and tons more. I think victoria or ottawa was the nicest because they both have that 'older' feel to them. Vancouver is a dump and winnipeg is cold as fuck but has really good pubs and local bands.
I havn't been outside of canada or to the east coast though. but one day ...

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Thu May 03, 2007 3:31 pm

my trip over to europe was kickass, but I have to say that Edinbourgh and London were my favorite place when I went over there. (but I didn't only visit a few countries so....)

I would love to go back and go all around :3

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Thu May 03, 2007 4:01 pm

Well I suppose I shouldn't be a total ass, that's godix's job...

So I'll be more freindly and answer the OP's Question :P

Have I ever been on a trip that made me go "WOW" All the time, but rarely is it the place I'm at that causes me to do that. It's the people I'm there with and the things we do.

I sadly Have not got to travel much, infact AWA was my first trip on a plane and my first trip outside of my country (aside from a few trips to Fantasy Island in Upper state new york when I was younger, and that one heavily structured school trip to Washington D.C.) but going to AWA has for sure shown me I would love to travel more.

I find Generally it is the small things, and the people your with, (or not with in krat's case :( ) that provide the best memories and the most "WOW" moments of a trip.

So here is my Top 5 list of places I want to go Visit.

#1 Germany (i'm ever so close to going there)

#2 Japan (It seems so mindboggingly differant from here)

#3 Rome/Italy, So much history. I love roman history

#4 Some Tropical Area somewhere (it's saddens me that geopolitical factors have turned most of these areas into such Poverty stricken wastelands)

#5 China (another area I fear I'll never go because of the Dangerous Political climate)

(and some places I want to go after seeing Peoples Damn pictures that made me jealous)

St. Petersburg Russia (:O Yes OtO your photo documentary could only have worked better if it was set to music. ... P.S. It's in Asia damnit! *shakes fist*)

And Ryno's pictures of South Africa (God that place looks beautiful)
(of course his story of how he got robbed on his second day at his student housing and had to call the Special armed Neighbourhood watch because the police don't do shit made me not want to go there)

This is just for clarification, Have I been and visited Slummy Dangerous Areas? Oh yeah, had chats with the locals too, usually nice people sometimes insane, Was it an Awesome Trip? Oh yeah. But did any of it have to do with the cleanliness of the city? No. Not at all.

Return to “General Discussion”