May 15th.

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

May 15th.

Post by Tono_Fyr » Wed May 02, 2007 1:05 pm

If you own a car, Do NOT gas up on the ides of May. Why? Well, I figured I might as well try to spread the word about the whole thing with the gas. I don't like the way gas prices look, personally, so I'm saying we should all do something about it.

Tell other people you guys know. It might just work. Boycott is often the most effective form of passive protest, as it hits companies where it hurts the MOST.... Their pockets.

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Re: May 15th.

Post by godix » Wed May 02, 2007 1:33 pm

Tono_Fyr wrote:If you own a car, Do NOT gas up on the ides of May. Why? Well, I figured I might as well try to spread the word about the whole thing with the gas. I don't like the way gas prices look, personally, so I'm saying we should all do something about it.

Tell other people you guys know. It might just work. Boycott is often the most effective form of passive protest, as it hits companies where it hurts the MOST.... Their pockets.
In an effort to save myself some typing I'll point out that <a href="http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline ... p">this</a> covers most of the flaws of the idea already. While reading it insert some random profanity and sex references then pretend I wrote it.

As a total side note, I refuse to get worried about gas hitting $3 a gallon when I see a line of sheep like morons standing in line bitching about gas price while AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME buying damn water at around $6 a gallon. Not even magical water, just the regular shit you can get out of a tap. This shit won't make your dick grow, it doesn't give you the winning lotto ticket, it's not like Ponce de Leon finally found the fountain of youth. It's just fucking water. H2O. And a plastic container. That's fucking it. Someone paying $6 a gallon for that shit has absolutely no right to say a god damned word of complaint about gas being half that price.

Not that I'm saying you're one of those think headed genetic throwbacks that conclusively prove the problem with America today is that we've made it too easy to live. The stupid people just aren't dying off like they used to. So instead of humanity evolving into something great we're spreading their defective ass subpar genes throughout the population and are on a slow but steady race to see how long it takes to de-evolve enough that a orangutan beats us all in IQ by becoming the next worlds chess match when in an exciting end game move he throws his dookie at the snimpering mass of protoplasma that used to be called 'human' thus forcing a concede. Although who knows, you might be. In which case I just gotta say YOU'RE PAYING TWICE AS MUCH FOR WATER AS FOR GAS YOU COCKSUCKING SON OF A BITCH!

So anyway, yeah, gas prices suck but haven't hit a point where I'm worried about it much less where I'll do anything about it.

Minion
Org Profile

Re: May 15th.

Post by Minion » Wed May 02, 2007 1:37 pm

Tono_Fyr wrote:If you own a car, Do NOT gas up on the ides of May. Why? Well, I figured I might as well try to spread the word about the whole thing with the gas. I don't like the way gas prices look, personally, so I'm saying we should all do something about it.

i goto tech school across town, i'm an intern across town, and i have a job halfway across town.
fuck all of that :|
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed May 02, 2007 2:19 pm

godix: if you had water like they do here (that smells of mold) you would buy $6 water too... O.o

but then again XD i dont complain about the gas prices either O:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed May 02, 2007 2:38 pm

I use public transport, losers :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Wed May 02, 2007 2:49 pm

$18.75 a week gets me anywhere in South-Eastern Pennsylvania I want, thank you.

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Wed May 02, 2007 3:48 pm

Otohiko wrote:I use public transport, losers :roll:
I don't have that option ;_;

PS, Gas in America is one of the cheapest in the world.

What we really need to do, insted of boycotting the gas companies.

Let's overthrow the oil cartel known as OPEC

That might help.

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Wed May 02, 2007 4:35 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:
Otohiko wrote:I use public transport, losers :roll:
I don't have that option ;_;

PS, Gas in America is one of the cheapest in the world.

What we really need to do, insted of boycotting the gas companies.

Let's overthrow the oil cartel known as OPEC

That might help.
Wikipedia wrote:The U.S. federal gasoline tax as of 2005 was 18.4¢/gal (4.86¢/L), and the gasoline taxes in the various states range from 10 cents to 33 cents, with an average about 22 cents per U.S. gallon (5.8¢/L), making the average combined tax on gasoline 42¢/gal. Unlike most goods in the U.S., the price displayed includes all taxes, rather than being calculated at the point of purchase.
ASSRAPE.

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Wed May 02, 2007 5:14 pm

Before we start bashing the evil oil companies perhaps we should think about the simple factor that goes into play for all businesses reliant on the sale of goods, Supply and Demand. It's summer, demand is getting higher for gas as more people start driving. High demand sucks excess gas supply dry. As such, retail prices rise in order to help curb the demand (as higher prices normally do) thus lessening the strain on our reserves. As the surplus of oil increases due to lower demand, prices gradually drop to reflect this. However lower prices increase demand and again prices will begin to rise.

If you don't believe me that lower gas prices increase demand, can you think of any time when a gas station around you has lowered their prices significantly lower then anyone else in the area? Notice how often times this causes traffic jams around the station due to cars trying to get gas at the lower price. It's not hard to miss when this happens as usually the local news will be all over it.

Now imagine, if you can, that the oil companies all lowered the price on gas say... a whole dollar, perhaps even more to well... $1.50 a gallon (been a while since we've seen that one hasn't it?) The moment people see this low price they will go out on droves to fill up at the cheap rate at first because they think it will not last. But as the price remains there for a few weeks people will drive more since it is cheaper. Big gas guzzling SUVs and such will start being driven more and using more gas. ect. until the oil companies realize that their oil platforms and sources can't keep up with the demand anymore because the surplus has been depleted. Oh shit! In order to keep gas at the pumps the companies would have to raise the price of gas at the pump. This is when we would see prices rise to over $10 and perhaps more a gallon. We would have a gas shortage. And if the oil companies were not allowed to lower prices due to government interference then in the end we would see empty pumps.
ImageImageImageImage

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Wed May 02, 2007 5:54 pm

ngsilver wrote:Before we start bashing the evil oil companies perhaps we should think about the simple factor that goes into play for all businesses reliant on the sale of goods, Supply and Demand. It's summer, demand is getting higher for gas as more people start driving. High demand sucks excess gas supply dry. As such, retail prices rise in order to help curb the demand (as higher prices normally do) thus lessening the strain on our reserves. As the surplus of oil increases due to lower demand, prices gradually drop to reflect this. However lower prices increase demand and again prices will begin to rise.

If you don't believe me that lower gas prices increase demand, can you think of any time when a gas station around you has lowered their prices significantly lower then anyone else in the area? Notice how often times this causes traffic jams around the station due to cars trying to get gas at the lower price. It's not hard to miss when this happens as usually the local news will be all over it.

Now imagine, if you can, that the oil companies all lowered the price on gas say... a whole dollar, perhaps even more to well... $1.50 a gallon (been a while since we've seen that one hasn't it?) The moment people see this low price they will go out on droves to fill up at the cheap rate at first because they think it will not last. But as the price remains there for a few weeks people will drive more since it is cheaper. Big gas guzzling SUVs and such will start being driven more and using more gas. ect. until the oil companies realize that their oil platforms and sources can't keep up with the demand anymore because the surplus has been depleted. Oh shit! In order to keep gas at the pumps the companies would have to raise the price of gas at the pump. This is when we would see prices rise to over $10 and perhaps more a gallon. We would have a gas shortage. And if the oil companies were not allowed to lower prices due to government interference then in the end we would see empty pumps.
Deep. Very deep. Thank you for bringing that to everyone's attention. I feel more endowed with wisdom already. Why didn't I see it before? You should write novels.

Return to “General Discussion”