YOU KNOW WHERE I'M FROM!!! >_<

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
guy07
Org Profile

YOU KNOW WHERE I'M FROM!!! >_<

Post by guy07 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:37 am

If you are Canadian, chances are, you know where I''m from, maybe a few Americans will too, I'm not sure. Wiarton Ontario (3 hours north of Toronto). Doesn't ring a bell? You know ground hog day? Wiarton Willie? the stupid ground hog who died then they found a new one like 3 days later? See, you know! And Wiarton is only a town of 2,000. It's right next to Sauble Beach, a really popular beach community (can you say 5 miles of white sand?) that is a huge tourist attraction Strange how associating places with events makes bells ring, no?

Now it's your turn, but this only works for smaller towns ...we've all heard of New York and Tokyo before. :roll:
GO!
(consider this another of those 'get to know one another' threads)

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:38 am

er ...can i get a mod to fix the name for me ...i spelt "where" wrong >.>;

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:54 am

im from a city about 40 miles south of Waco Texas O.o
(most famed for that day the FBI or somesorts shot a mother and her child in their home... i dont remember the whole story :/ heh)

infact if i want to see a good movie i have to go to Waco because this city sucks :/

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:01 am

Actually I think many places have their own groundhogs and may not have heard about Wiarton Willy (but I have, naturally).

Mmmm.... depends on what you mean.

"My town" is officially and always will be St. Petersburg, Russia. I've no reservation in saying I love that city, and, at any realistic opportunity, I'd go and live there again. It's the most northern city in the world of over a million people (and it has 5 million); it was founded by Peter the Great in 1703 as a new Russian capital and built largely on a plan, meaning that unlike many old cities, it's not a random collection of buildings but consists of carefully-arranged ensembles. The old part of St. Petersburg is officially recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Lots of history; lots of museums too, not the least the infamous Hermitage, the largest museum in the world.

I'm currently out in the Aylmer sector of Gatineau, Quebec. Rather nice place without anything about it. The only thing that comes to mind is canned tomatoes and pickles called 'Aylmer' that seem to be sold throughout Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec.
Since I go to school, work, and do a lot of other stuff in Ottawa (just across the river), I tend to just say I'm from Ottawa, though.

Before that I lived for 6 years in Welland, Ontario. You might've heard of the Welland Canal, the major shipping channel which bypasses the Niagara Falls between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Otherwise, Welland is officially the Middle of Nowhere - typical formerly-industrial small town in major decline.

Go figure? :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:13 am

Dax, u never said the name of the city : /

Oto! that's so weird! I know a guy who lives in Gatineau ...wait, was it Antoine or Geneviev that was from there....anyways , I'm living in Port Colborne for the next 2 months (like 15 minutes from welland) AND i was just in Ottawa a few weeks ago. Though I'v never been to Russia ...
But trust me, canadians know wiarton willie, i'v been to BC,MB and i live in ON and about 1/3 of the people i talk to know of him or where the town is.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:16 am

i guess i should say "currently from" because i grew up in the SanFransisco Bay Area O.o and i feel im more "from" there than here...

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:17 am

and this pos city doesnt deserve to be named O.o theres nothing famous about it...

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:33 am

And here I was thinking this was going to be the next forum game; Guess which asylum guy escaped from.

Tetuan Morocco. Or at least that's the answer I want to give. I live on the north end of Whidbey Island.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:21 am

I didn't escape, they let me out. I mean, technically ...because all though i didn't get let out technically, they also didn't stop me from leaving*.

*Tunneling out

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:25 am

I reside in a little slum under some big rotton pizza :shock:

Srsly, just some semi-suburb to the... Southwest of Philadelphia. 15 min drive on I95 to Center City. It's name shall never be disclosed, but I'll say one thing... if you want Pizza and beer, we got it all (4 bars and 3 pizza joints)

Return to “General Discussion”