You didn't know this about me...

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:36 pm

Well I read through the thread after I posted but didn't want to double post.

But I do what to say I was rather surprized about a lot of the stuff here. xP
Especially the smoking bit, which got me to realise. "Hey wait a second, I smoke too." xD

So there: I smoke. Not that often, and only when I'm by myself. And the reason I smoke is of a similar "actual reason". I want to change my voice, and smoking achieves this. I smoke Djarium Blacks. xP
Yay cloves.

The smoking actually started because I have a really bad oral fixation(haha.. yeah, laugh it out now, folks; it gets better).
Ever since I can remember I've been sucking my thumb.

I finally "quit" when I was 15-16. I mean, that was the point where it was actually physically/mentally possible for me to fall asleep without my thumb in my mouth.

So I still suck my thumb occationally, now. My bed process is usually suck thimb for 5 minutes or so, groan about how it's not doing anythign for me, then fall asleep in some stupid position.

Ugh, I dunno. It's kind of embarassing, but I guess I've done it long enough I've learned how to cover it up at least marginally well.

I just wish my mind wouldn't work like that, because I'll be doing one thing, and then the next moment my thumb will be there and I don't even remember putting it in. My parents are really embarassed that I;m 19 and still a baby.

But what goes hand in hand witht hat, you know my beaver-teeth? NOT an over bite!
Actually, some condition where my lower jaw is too far back. I need surgery to fix it- braces again, then surgery to move jaw forward, then mouth wired shut for a month.

The whole pre- and post- process just waned me off enough to not want to do it. Although I guess it'd be beneficial, since there are times when my jaw dislocates itself randomly and I can't eat at all or am in too much pain from random popping to eat anything solid (but this isn't that frequent).

Maybe if I spontaneously get rich or something, and can hole myself away where NO ONE will see me for like a year, I'll be good.

Because not only do getting braces AGAIN suck, but it sucks at having bracing being so old. And the whole mouth wired shut thing for a month doesn't seem too great, either.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:26 pm

Otohiko wrote:Despite my (offline and online) goofiness and seeming peacable hippie-ness, I can actually be (and have been) quite violent if attacked or offended, and am even known for punching people in the face for insults. I also have no concept of a 'fair fight', and when I have to - I'll do anything to achieve the effect I need, including hitting someone when they don't expect it, attacking from behind or, um, below; with whatever heavy object is at hand or even with my teeth and nails if I have to. I haven't done that in ages and ages, but the lesson is: don't mess with Oto :P
Oh bullshit, I happen to know for a fact if people throw food at your head and knock your ass out you won't do a thing about it.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:43 pm

I should note that it's hard to insult me as such (I'm pretty tolerant to teasing, that is). :roll:

There are certain lines, though, that I wouldn't let people cross. Most of them involve obvious attempts to establish some sort of recognized superiority or domination over me.
I've had a pretty rough school experience, so I have a pretty good sense of what to ignore and what to react to.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:20 pm

I react to bricks being thrown at my head. . .usually. If its one of my more situationally aware moments. *^_^*
ImageImage

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:02 pm

Otohiko wrote: There are certain lines, though, that I wouldn't let people cross. Most of them involve obvious attempts to establish some sort of recognized superiority or domination over me.
-puts the whip and leather catsuit away-
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:17 pm

I've never taken alcohol, cigarettes, or drugs, and don't plan to.

Family tree says I'm descended from Charlemagne.

I don't have any cool disorders.

I was full-grown at 12. My clothes from then fit me now and I look pretty much the same.

My childhood dream was to race horses. That sorta died when someone told me that a) I was already too tall to be a jockey and b) most girls can't maintain the muscle/weight ratio to race. Anyway, I went into english equestrian stuff instead (show jumping and dressage) after working and saving to pay for lessons. Maybe someday I'll buy a ranch and become a horseback riding hermit :p

I was very good with animals as a kid, wild and domestic. Furry creatures just LOVED me, e.g. my neighbor's tabby cat, who hated everyone and regularly attacked strangers, was my best friend. Funny thing is, after I grew up and developed a lot of human relationships, that affinity with animals dropped a ton. I seriously wonder if being good at socializing and dealing with all the human beguilement prevents animals from trusting you.

When I was ~10 my mom was an AOL moderator and she let me play around on her account. I had little power trips kicking unruly flamers from moderated chats/forums.

I was a very, very bossy kid and a control freak. In any roleplay situations (house, cops and robbers, etc.), I would tell the other people what to do and say down to the last detail.

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:32 pm

Otohiko wrote:
Random Oto fact: I have an almost unfairly effective long-term memory. I often remember seemingly trivial conversations for years.
Me too :p I can remember pointless conversations from forever ago, down to what people were wearing and their spatial position in the room.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:11 am

Shazzy wrote:I seriously wonder if being good at socializing and dealing with all the human beguilement prevents animals from trusting you.
Interesting. I'm more in tune with animals than most people; I haven't found one that hasn't liked me. I'm pretty decent in social situations, but I'm not a social butterfly.

And I have that same memory peculiarity, although I'm not sure it's the same thing. Sometimes my memory is almost photographic, which has surprised people on many occasions. I've remembered some long sequences of numbers that have amazed people. Generally, though, I've got a method. If I want to remember something, I repeat it several times in my head to let it sink in, and then I forget about it. If, in the next day or two, I can recall it, it's pretty much memorized for good. And I can usually recall it.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Inaaca
Org Profile

Post by Inaaca » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:07 am

Hmm... My screen name was derived from my actual name. Literally picking a set number of the letters of my name out of a hat until I came up with a pronounceable combination. For those of you that don't know my actual full name (i.e. everyone) it's Sean Patrick Stewart.

Hm.. another odd fact.. Apparently most people get tired/sleepy in warm/humid weather. I'm the opposite, cold weather puts me right to sleep. That's why it pisses me the hell off when a professor will make their classroom really cold so that students won't fall asleep. I have a hell of a hard time staying awake during a lecture in a cold classroom.

That's off the top of my head, I'll post more if something comes to me.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:57 am

Flint the Dwarf wrote:
Shazzy wrote:I seriously wonder if being good at socializing and dealing with all the human beguilement prevents animals from trusting you.
Interesting. I'm more in tune with animals than most people; I haven't found one that hasn't liked me. I'm pretty decent in social situations, but I'm not a social butterfly.

And I have that same memory peculiarity, although I'm not sure it's the same thing. Sometimes my memory is almost photographic, which has surprised people on many occasions. I've remembered some long sequences of numbers that have amazed people. Generally, though, I've got a method. If I want to remember something, I repeat it several times in my head to let it sink in, and then I forget about it. If, in the next day or two, I can recall it, it's pretty much memorized for good. And I can usually recall it.
My memory works purely by association and categorization. I think in my case the associative/categorizing abilities are just a little more sharply developed. It's easy for me to recall details if I recall a general situation, or conversely - recall something general by remembering just a small a specific detail.

As for animals - eh, a tend to have a bit of distrust towards them. Cats I'm okay with, but I guess I'm generally very careful about (for lack of better words) things that probably think in ways that aren't as 'reasonable' and complicated as an adult mind. I have the same trouble with young kids.
Yes, I said it, I don't like young kids - more accurately, I'm kinda wary of them. Maybe because, unsurprisingly, I remember myself as a young kid a little better than most people (I have detailed and accurate memory of everything from age 2) :P
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “General Discussion”