You didn't know this about me...

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

You didn't know this about me...

Postby SilversLightning » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:06 pm

Basically this is where you post things about you people wouldn't usually know unless you told them or they asked.

I'll go first....

I'm lactose intolerant. If I wanted to have a glass of milk it would make me vomit. However, this is only a partial intolerance since I can eat cheese and chocolate

(although it can't be too rich with milk or that will make me sick too like when I was driving with my instructor...I learned that the hard way :/)

so I make up the lack of calcium by taking a suppliment.
User avatar
SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl
 
Joined: 17 Oct 2005
Location: in an alternate universe
Status: Going crazy

Postby godix » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Hmm, something that people wouldn't know unless I told them. Hmmm....

Occasionally, not very often mind you but every now and then, I think of a way to insult someone and decide to not say it. I'm not very proud of this weakness but there it is.
Image
User avatar
godix
a disturbed member
 
Joined: 03 Aug 2002

Postby Arigatomina » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:58 pm

DivineQueenYeiweh wrote:I'm lactose intolerant.

I actually knew (or at least assumed) that about you from that driving incident you related in a journal entry a while back. Got anything else? Some dark little secret, maybe? ;p

I mumble when I talk. It's like my tongue is too thick to share space with my teeth. If I talk too fast (which I always do), my mom makes me repeat everything I say. I've been saying "nevermind" to her for as long as I can remember. It might be because my dad shattered my front teeth when I was a toddler and my adult teeth didn't grow in until I was a teenager. That's also why I've always smiled with my mouth closed. Old habits.
User avatar
Arigatomina
 
Joined: 03 Apr 2003

Postby CodeZTM » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:23 pm

Hmmm.... Lets see.... I bet nobody knows that I am allergic to cigarette smoke, no matter how low the dosage. Before this year, I couldn't go into a restaurant without risking vomiting and having my throat become really sore and treat it shut close. However, now my state has insitgated a lovely clean-air act that forbids smoking indoors in any and all public places. Now I can eat in peace.

Oh, and I also have a recurring diabetes disease running in my family, which has hit every family member since we can remember. So, basically, I'm screwed....

Yea for me. :shock:
User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
 
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Location: Arkansas
Status: Flapping Lips

Postby Otohiko » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:36 pm

Haha, for once a thread that I'd have trouble contributing to, thanks to the fact that I've always been far too open on forums, and many people here may even remember my old over-detailed profile or have had those long IM convos with me where I loosen up, so to say.

Well, I mentioned it elsewhere, but for one thing - my birthday. I mentioned it elsewhere, but two somewhat funny things about it:
I'm already 23, but my 23rd birthday is tomorrow. Blame being born in Europe in the early hours of the morning :P
My birthday is also exactly 1 day (and 2 years) earlier than my younger brother's. Fancy that 'coincidence'.

Another amusing Oto fact you may have heard before:
Last December, I came THIS close to joining the Canadian Communist Party. It wasn't something I was toying with as a joke either.

An interesting Oto genealogical fact:
Genetically (i.e. not in title), I am a direct descendant of Russian and Danish royalty by the way of ties to the German noble house of Oldenburg. Not close, mind you, in the 9th generation, but still.

Arigatomina wrote:I mumble when I talk.


Word. Same here, uh... in fact people often point to my pronounciation as a sign of a Russian accent, whereas it really has more to do with my mumbling (that extends to any language) than anything else.

My eye-contact behaviour with people is quite strange too. Sometime around 12 years old I developed a habit of avoiding eye contact (I kid you not, I was convinced at the time, which was around grade 6, that people could READ MY MIND that way), and though lately I've been consciously training myself against that, it can still slip into a 'look away while talking' mode and I'm sure it annoys people :roll:
Otohiko
 
Joined: 05 May 2003

Postby wurpess » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:54 pm

hmmm, well, my favorite book is The Hunchback of Notre Dame and my all time favorite movie is A Clockwork Orange. (Since people got that wrong on my quiz, thought I'd get that out of the way.)

My screen name comes from Cubby, a dialect of gibberish my mom and I made up while playing with the word bank my brother had to make in Kindergarten. (Basically, whenever he learned to read a new word, he'd write it on a card and put it in a box. Then he could make sentences with them. My mom and I got a hold of it and ended up having a guy named Mr. Cubby doing all kinds of weird, nonsensical stuff. It eventually evolved into its own dialect of gibberish, then a way of life. We ended up making up a few of our own words, characters, super heros, saints, holidays, etc.) Wurpess ended up meaning dressing the same or similarly as someone else or a group of people dressed the same or similarly. When I got my 1st email address, I wanted Foonan (one of the superheros. We came up with the word foon, meaning a general feeling of fear, surprise, disgust, or just general discomfort. Then the superhero, foonan, who spreads foonocity and generally flies upside down with his cape wrapped around his neck.), but for some reason it was taken. O.o. So I went with wurpess and that's what I've been ever since, because I know I can go somewhere and use the name wurpess, and it won't be taken.

I'm also schizophrenic. My guardian voice is very pretty. He has a pale human torso with black horse legs, hair and wings and silver hooves, claws and horns. His eyes change colors depending on his mood. He protects me from the evil voices. He says he can't give me his real name, but he gave himself the human name, Vincent, to call him by for now until he can reveal his real name. For the most part, I ignore my voices, though. They say really weird stuff.

I don't like Bananas.
ImageImage
User avatar
wurpess
rabid fangirl
 
Joined: 28 Mar 2005
Location: The happy place in my head
Status: BLAAAARGH!!!!! -_-

Postby Krisqo » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:55 pm

I guess I'll join the fun...

Sometimes I think I've got some brain damage. I had poor speech growing up and was in Speech Therapy up to High School. I also go into weird spasms where I rub my hands together quickly or just flail them around. I've even known for scratching my head rapidly and even rubbing my nose to the point it bleeds when I go into those episodes.

So If I whack you in the head for no reason... no offense... :wink:

Another is that I'm clinically depressed. I even attempted suicide once. Been on Prozac and was in therapy for 4 or 5 years.
Image
User avatar
Krisqo
Cooking Oil
 
Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Location: Moderating the Adobe Forums
Status: W.O.A (Waiting on Aion)

Postby SarahtheBoring » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:07 pm

Left-handed. Terrible handwriting. Stupendously ugly. Used to be quite intelligent, until the last year and a half of college, when the "find something at which you will excel for the REST OF ETERNITY" pressure broke me. Stupid ever since.

Most of my habits around all but my closest friends and family are geared toward disappearing as much as possible. Which of course isn't possible at all, but it evens things out a bit. I hate the thought of being "quirky" or "special" or because it calls attention to myself. The nail that sticks out will be hammered down, etc. Also because the things that make me unique are bad things, and it revolts me to think about celebrating them.


I think it's easier to make eye contact when you're listening than when you're speaking. I've noticed it in myself and a few others so far. It's interesting; I wonder why that is.

Goddamn, this is a depressing post. Um, I'm not bad at Guitar Hero for somebody who doesn't actually own the game yet. :P
User avatar
SarahtheBoring
 
Joined: 07 Apr 2002
Location: PA, USA

Postby Ileia » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:19 pm

My god...I have so many...

How about...

I have dual citizenship because I was born in Greece while my dad was stationed there. It actually took almost four years for me to get my birth certificate, and it's just my name, my date of birth, where I was born, and the seal and signature of the Secretary of State. I don't really know any of the information about my birth, like weight, height, time of birth, etc, and my parents don't remember details like that. I didn't live there for very long afterwards, I wasn't even able to speak yet when we left, but I'd still like to go back and visit sometime, it's apparently really nice. The only things that I have from Greece are my birth certificate and my middle name, which translates roughly to "beautiful young miss" or something similar.

I used to mention in my profile that I was born there, just as an interesting fact, but it got misinterpreted to people thinking that I am Greek.

Also, I have a fear of driving because of a car accident I was in when I was little.

And my dad named me after the bald woman in Star Trek: The Motion Picture
And my parents divorced when I was 2 and I didn't see my mother for 14 years
And I'm an excessively picky eater, I'll eat a fraction of what "normal" people will
User avatar
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer
 
Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Location: On teh Z-drive, CornDog
Status: ....to completion

Postby ngsilver » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:20 pm

well... I'm an author who's been writing since the 4th grade. Poetry and short stories and novels. I'm working on my first book that isn't based off of another series or sounds exactly like a movie or something like that. I plan on having it finished by AWA and then hopefully published by the end of the year (even if it is self-published.)

Oh yeah, and I'm dyslexic. Kinda sucks trying to get your point across when letters look the same to you...

though I guess if you've been on AMV when I've been around you might have heard me say all of this before...
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
User avatar
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2003
Location: Detroit area
Status: Calm Your Miniature Colorful Horses

Postby Otohiko » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:32 pm

Speaking of foreign natures and food, I got something on that front too.

Well it's obvious that I was born in Russia, but from my lack of heavy accent and pretty 'localized' speech patterns, most people assume I'm completely Canadianized. Which is far from true. Everything from how I spend time to my sense of relationships with people to food is culturally very Russian. Which I think results in quite a bit of mis-communication.

Oh, and as far as food specifically - oh, entirely Russian. Potatoes with almost everything; borsch or schi soups for my obed (which is a major meal squarely between where lunch and dinner are in the west); buckwheat or millet for breakfast or supper; black tea as the primary drink of choice with every meal; pirozhki for desert or snack on occasion. In fact pretty much all non-staple food, and a good chunk of staple food that I eat comes from a Russian store. Even when parents are not around (as they weren't for weeks on end in the past couple of years), I cook and eat the same Russian stuff.
Otohiko
 
Joined: 05 May 2003

Postby SilversLightning » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:41 pm

code_chrono wrote:Hmmm.... Lets see.... I bet nobody knows that I am allergic to cigarette smoke, no matter how low the dosage. Before this year, I couldn't go into a restaurant without risking vomiting and having my throat become really sore and treat it shut close. However, now my state has insitgated a lovely clean-air act that forbids smoking indoors in any and all public places. Now I can eat in peace.

Oh, and I also have a recurring diabetes disease running in my family, which has hit every family member since we can remember. So, basically, I'm screwed....

Yea for me. :shock:


I'm allergic to cigarette smoke too :shock:
User avatar
SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl
 
Joined: 17 Oct 2005
Location: in an alternate universe
Status: Going crazy

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:48 pm

Uhhh... there's really not much to me, I'm pretty boring.

I used to be a really good soccer player, but moved onto football where I did pretty well but not great. I used to write a lot of poetry, and tried to write a bunch of stories that barely got past the conceptual stage. I've never used an illegal substance. I have a couple scars that nobody has ever seen. I tend to eat late lunches and not eat dinner, cuz I think it's a silly meal. I took a couple years of French and lately I've had a strong desire to pick it up again. And, uhh... I'm not a big fan of capitalism.

Ileia wrote:My god...I have so many...

I already knew most of that. :P
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
User avatar
Flint the Dwarf
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2002
Location: Ashland, WI

Postby guy07 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:16 pm

I'm actully a 12 year old shy little girl :o
User avatar
guy07
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Location: T.O.
Status: Back in beard.

Postby SilversLightning » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:30 pm

guy07 wrote:I'm actully a 12 year old shy little girl :o


that's what people THINK I am :twisted:
User avatar
SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl
 
Joined: 17 Oct 2005
Location: in an alternate universe
Status: Going crazy

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ngsilver and 2 guests