Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:24 am

I liked the speed manipulation in the fight scenes. Each "hold" looked like it could parallel a particular panel from the graphic novel.

Did anybody else notice that Xerxes was a bit too pretty-looking to be intimidating in any sense? I mean, he was made to look extremely tall, but he still looked more princely than war-like.

The theater was pretty full by the time I got there, so I had to sit in the very first row. Talk about getting up close and personal. I had trouble focusing my eyes. :?

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:39 pm

jasper-isis wrote:Did anybody else notice that Xerxes was a bit too pretty-looking to be intimidating in any sense? I mean, he was made to look extremely tall, but he still looked more princely than war-like.
I think that was mostly the point. He saw himself as this divine god to be worshiped by his minions, and not some big brutish warrior. His intimidation lied in his immense rule and mystical grandeur. Of course, he himself wouldn't be intimidating to a battle-hardened Spartan, but to all of the nations he had conquered, he was an undefeatable and unreasoned-with god.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:17 pm

Saw it last night on the IMAX. Dug it thoroughly, but I thought that they over did it with the slow-motion. At times it just felt to me like it was there to extend the film's running time :uhoh:

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:50 pm

I enjoyed it, but was not surprised to see "WHORES WHORES WHORES" being Frank Miller and all :roll:
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:06 pm

dwchang wrote:I enjoyed it, but was not surprised to see "WHORES WHORES WHORES" being Frank Miller and all :roll:
and this is bad how?
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:28 pm

dwchang wrote:I enjoyed it, but was not surprised to see "WHORES WHORES WHORES" being Frank Miller and all :roll:
:roll: It was just one scene. And the filmmakers made it gratuitous, not Miller. In the comic, it was just one drawing on one page. :roll:
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:
:roll: It was just one scene. And the filmmakers made it gratuitous, not Miller. In the comic, it was just one drawing on one page. :roll:
There's actually two scenes and if you've read enough Frank Miller or pay enough attention to the industry you'd realize he has whores in almost anything he writes and that most people think he's crazy.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:32 pm

it was fun XD

Ayanefan
Org Profile

Post by Ayanefan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:47 pm

We cringed the whole movie, gore and such but interesting there was dialog. It's was pretty awesome.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:20 pm

I hate myself for living in germany and thus not being able to watch it like you Americans. But it's good to know that you folks enjoyed it so I guess even with the messed up german synchro it might be nice to watch. :)

Return to “General Discussion”