Personal Sterotype

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Personal Sterotype

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:05 am

So what personal sterotype is attributed to you?

For me, it's the typical Nerd/Bookworm.

I skip lunch to study and read. I'm a super nerd! And play massive Starcraft/Empire Earth LAN parties in the school's techlab. :twisted:

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:14 am

scarry loner girl? O.o

i donno its been a long time since i was in highschool... O.o
i dont really talk to many people outside of the net now, and it was the same back then O.o

uhhh... bored internet addict? maybe thats the right one?

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:19 am

Anything you can attribute to an outsider. Umm... Nerd, Anti-social Nerd, Sex-deprived Nerd. Anything you can put the word Nerd after would work.

SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl
Org Profile

Post by SilversLightning » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:36 am

my stereotype is techno-geek, star wars geek, sci-fi fanactic, and comp addict
other people in real life give me either goth (even though I don't wear black o.o) or emo
here, my stereotype is a mascot :P

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:17 am

For reasons I just can't comprehend, some people are under the impression that I'm a huge asshole.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:30 am

It's kind of funny, but depending on who you ask, I'm given three stereotypes that could be considered polar opposites, and none of them are entirely true:

close friends and immediate family consider me a clown of some sort - the type who will try to have a laugh at everything, make faces and hoot in response to any attempt to discredit him - and cannot be possibly be serious, evar (not to mention he talks way too much)

regular acquaintances and more distant relatives consider me a nice but terribly shy guy who spaces out too much and would benefit from having more of a backbone

strangers, well, it's hard to judge but I can see how some people might form the image of me as an irritable, antisocial dude who can't help but flaunt his intelligence and weird tastes

Go figure :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:40 am

People see me as a serious, articulate, and polite young man willing to help anyone. Really. I'm not just laying on the BS for my 'godix for most helpful VCA 2008' campaign.

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:32 am

When I can overcome my proclivity to shyness, people who meet me tend to think I'm a pretty weird guy. What they take from that depends on their own views; either I get into the 'wild and crazy guy who's fun to have around' box (I like this box) or the 'he's way too nice yet creepy, he's probably some sort of weirdo' box (not so fond of this view, and I do everything in my power to stop it...which usually reaffirms the view in their head. It's one of those situations where you can't win.) I have a bad bad tendency to want to please or amuse people around me, at the cost of my own happiness at times. Whenever I say something or do something not fitting this, it always seems to shock people. Dangit, I have needs too. :kewpface:

I'll be glad to be back in civilized company again.
Life's short.
eBayhard.

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:14 am

I kind of see myself as mellow and laid back.

Others at work tell me otherwise.

I'll hear things like "Jesus Crist, you scare the fuck out of these kids!" or "People think you're always about to snap and start beating someone in in the face with a chair"

When I'm with friends, I tend to joke and laugh a lot. I have a sarcastic sense of humor that tends to surface at innapropriate times, like weddings.

As for stereotypes.. visually I look like your typical biker white guy. I'm big, apparently scary looking and usually dress the part (fatigues, boots, shaved head, and a goatee)
Activity wise though.. I'm your typical geek. I love my huge TV for watching silly anime on, renting science fiction stuff on netflix (firefly), playing computer games and surfing various debate oriented forums all night long.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:31 am

Shy/geek I guess, but I don't think of myself as shy, more like, I wait a while before I start interacting with people to gauge what's acceptable and what's not. There's also the fact that I can NOT stand being around people for a extended period of time. Probably one of the reasons I don't go looking for a relationship, friend, girlfriend, etc. with anybody in person.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Return to “General Discussion”