Do you take yourself seriously on the internet?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:20 am

Yea. I'm pretty much the same. I'm uptight in the real world, and I'm uptight here.

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:06 am

godix wrote:
Arigatomina wrote:What I say is as awkward as what I type, though I have to rephrase myself more often in realtime. [ex: "I'd like to think so" gets a blank stare so I give a wincing smile and say "yeah, I guess"; "every so often" or "not usually" confuses a person so again with the wincing smile as I correct myself by saying "not much" or "just a little".] In type I use a sweatdropping smiley in the place of that RL wincing smile. ^_^;
Never clarify. If you're talking to someone that doesn't understand 'not usually' then you're talking to a moron and is it really worth your time to make sure a moron understands what you said? Personally I'll clarify if it's a legit misunderstanding of what I said but if the problem is that I used polysyllabic words they can't follow then fuck em, they can find some 5th grader to explain what I said if they care so much.
Ahaha!

I have to agree with this 100%

Online I'm pretty much the same as in RL. Except I don't say stuff like "in RL".
Anybody that has had an IM session with me has a pretty good idea of what I'm like. Bad jokes, and a tendency to ramble into different subjects.

Mostly, the students I work with all think I'm an asshole, pissed off all the time, and on the very edge of losing it and killing everyone. I don't bother to disabuse them of that notion as it works to my benefit. When I'm working I tend to be pretty militant. Sort of what you'd expect a cop to be like when he's giving you a ticket. When I'm not working I'm relaxed and cheerful.

My brother is the only person that can make me laugh so hard I have to pull my car over because I can't breathe.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:35 pm

im very quiet in rl, i don't know if people can tell on the forums. one thing i notice is that i hate interrupting people and i hate being interrupted. thats why its much easier for me to join a discussion on the forums than in rl.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Shazzy
Org Profile

Post by Shazzy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 am

I'm more talkative online because I can usually find a greater concentration of people who I have more to say to than "who ate my yogurt?"
AMV guides for Mac users
DOWNLOAD THIS AMV
Quarter-life crisis: a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:07 am

KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:51 pm

Shazzy wrote:I'm more talkative online because I can usually find a greater concentration of people who I have more to say to than "who ate my yogurt?"
:lol:

I don't generally talk to people I live with very often either, but I talk a fair amount at work. It's an even mix between talking and singing. >.> I loves to sing me some Boston.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:13 pm

Minion wrote:Image
That makes no sense. Why is he smiling if it's serious business?
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:49 pm

I don't take myself seriously either on or offline. I mean, really. :lol:

I don't post pictures very often, so yeah, there's a disconnect. It's easier to just announce every so often what the real situation is so that people have a chance to run like hell before they get to like me accidentally.

I type the way I think, but not the way I speak. I speak like the awkward, garbled idiot I am, albeit an awkward, garbled idiot who says things like "indeed" and "albeit." Some habits come through - I'm not an attention whore, I mostly sit back and chill, I don't take my hobbies that seriously even if I spend a lot of time on them, etc. But the important part is missing. It's not an intentional persona, though. I'm bummed out when I accidentally mislead somebody like that, 'cause it's not a nice thing to do.

I sing normal sentences when I'm frustrated. I have a long habit of swearing at videogames in this weird singsong tone that I didn't even realize I had until a friend pointed it out last year. :oops:

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:13 pm

I am the internet .... :evil:

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:22 pm

JudgeHolden wrote:I am the internet .... :evil:
I AM THE GATEKEEPER.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Return to “General Discussion”